Chapter 20: Memories

-2 Weeks Later-

Me and Daryl haven't really talked since I got here. We share a cell, but we don't talk.

"Mel!" I hear Rick yell from the prison. "Come in here NOW!!!" He sounds worried.

I run into the prison with my gun in my hand. I run over to Rick and what I saw made my world come crashing down. My ex boyfriend, Dan.

My eyes widened as I start backing away from him. Even though Rick, Kate, and Skylar held him at gunpoint, I was still shaking of fear. I stopped backing away, and looked at Rick still scared and eyes wide. "Where did he come from?"

"He was roaming inside the prison." Rick says, not looking at me since his eyes were locked onto Dan.

"Why are you guys looking at me like that. I did nothing wrong!" Dan chuckles.

Daryl walks into the prison, coming back from hunting. "Who's this?" He asks, stopping right next to me once he realizes that everyone was holding someone at gunpoint.

"Daryl, meet Dan." Skylar says, and I saw his eyes go from confused to pure anger. He grabs his crossbow quick and stands in front of me protectively.

"What the fuck is he doing here?" Daryl hisses. I'm guessing Skylar or Kate told him about Dan.

"He was roaming through the prison. Now, Dan, leave before you regret staying longer." Rick says, stepping a little closer to Dan, making Dan put his hands up in defense.

"I just want shelter. And maybe a girl while I'm at it." Dan says, smirking and eyeing me.

"Look at her one more fucking time and I swear to god me shooting you will be the last thing you see." Daryl says, making me put my hand on his shoulder. I step around Daryl, standing in front of him.

"Ok, fine, I'll leave. Only if Mel comes with me." He smiles seductively at me.

"No way." Rick and Daryl say simultaneously.

"Fine, then I'm not leaving."

"Let me go..." My hoarse voice speaks for the first time during this situation.

"What?! No fucking way Mel." Daryl says as he steps next to me, lowering his crossbow just so he can turn his whole body towards me.

"It's the only way. Or else he's just gonna come back." I whisper.

"I'm not gonna let you leave with that asshole." Daryl yells.

"Hey!" Dan says. I look over at Rick and he's still pointing his gun at Dan but he's looking furiously at me.

***

Rick and Daryl didn't allow me to leave with Dan, so I'm furious with them. I know I shouldn't but I was doing it for their lives. Now, Dan will be back, maybe with other people. I haven't talked to them since that happened. They've tried to talk to me but I wouldn't listen.

Everyone went out to a campfire once it got dark but I stayed inside, laying in my uncomfortable, lumpy bed.

"Can you talk to me please?" I recognized the voice as Daryl right away. I turned around, seeing him leaning against the cell door. I sit up, sighing.

"I am angry with you guys." I stand up, staring at him. "Why would you guys stop me from going with him? It's my choice! I'm trying to protect all of you guys! All of your lives are way more important than mine!" I yell, getting angrier and angrier by the second.

"Your life is way more important to me! You're the only person I really even care about! I don't want you out there with him cause I know that he's probably gonna kill you this time!" He yells back, standing straight up and coming closer to me as he yells. "You're the only person I've ever truly loved."