Chapter 15: Lost

Once Daryl left me alone in the woods, I started hunting for awhile, and once I got a couple of squirrels, I started to head back, once I realized that it started getting dark. I walk closer and closer toward the tree line, until I see I bright light. I start sprinting, seeing the barn on fire, and no one to be found. I go into the house, calling people's names. "Carl!! Rick!! Lori!! Skyler!! Kate!! Daryl!! Anyone!!" I frantically grab my katanas, putting them on my back, and I grab all of my things going outside to see the RV still here. I run over, seeing Jimmy laying on the ground. Dead. I grab his body and whisper, "I'm sorry Jimmy." I throw him out of the RV, closing the door and starting the RV.

"Goodbye." I whisper as I drive off the farm with everything I have.

-Daryl's POV-

The whole time I drove to the highway I was thinking about Mel. Did she run into Rick and they got off the farm? Is she dead? Oh god I can't think like that. Her words kept running through my head that she always says. You can't get rid of me that easily... I reach the highway and I get off of my motorcycle, not seeing Mel. Oh god... No...

"Rick...?" I whisper, catching the attention of everyone. "Wh-Where's Mel..?"

"I-I thought she was with you..." And at that moment, my mind went blank. It felt like I couldn't breathe. "Oh god my baby sister!" Rick yells, starting to cry right away.

I couldn't keep it in anymore. I started to sob uncontrollably. I knew everyone was watching, cause they know that I never cry. But I didn't care. I lost her. The one thing I didn't want to happen...

"D-Daryl, I know how you're feeling, but we have to keep pushing on. For her." Rick says, putting his hand on my shoulder, but I shove it off.

"You don't fucking know what I'm feeling! Unless you've loved someone so much just to find out that they're DEAD!" I yell, and Rick looks at me wide eyed.

"You. You love her?" He asks.

"Yeah! I love her so fucking much and I can't do anything about it! I can't tell her that! I can't show it to her! So-" I just stop for a second and breathe, letting all the tears fall from my eyes. "So don't you dare say that you're feeling what I am. I know that's your sister, but I can't tell her how I feel."

***