Chapter 16: Alone

I drive the RV into the woods, parking it in a field so if any walkers come I can see them. I stop the RV, going into the back, grabbing a long metal pole that Dale had in the closet. I go outside, putting the pole into the ground about ten feet away from the RV, so I set up traps so I could wake up if a walker comes. I look up at the sky, seeing the sun setting. I collect everything I can for a fire, and once the sun sets, I make the fire.

-Ricks POV-

"Rick, I'm starting to worry about Daryl." Kate says to me as I work outside of the prison. "And I'm worrying about you."

"Why me?" I look at her, confused.

"Rick, you just lost Lori. You've been digging graves for hours!" She says.

"I know. But we lost Lori and T-Dog, someone has to dig their graves."

"Then let me help you."

***

-Skylar's POV-

"Daryl, I know you miss her. I do too. She was my best friend, but we have to keep going, for her." I say, as me and Daryl stand in the pharmacy we were going through.

"Skylar, you don't get it... I feel like dying. I have no reason to live anymore. The only reason I wanted to survive was to protect her from anything and everything, and I failed." He sighs, and I could see the tears in his eyes, but he wouldn't let them fall.

"Daryl, you think no one can see it, but I can see it in your eyes. It's the same look Mel had." I say, almost crying again because I mentioned Mel's name.

"What look?" He asks.

"Broken."