Chapter 14: Awkwardness.

-One Week later-

"Hey! Mel!" I hear Daryl yell as he runs over to me.

"What?" I smile.

"Do you want to go hunting?" He smiles back.

"Sure. Let me get my bow." I run into the house, grabbing my bow and knife. I look at my pair of katanas, wondering if I should take them. I choose not to take them, so I just run out of the house, and meet Daryl by the tree line. "Let's go." I grin.

***

"Mel!" Daryl yells in panic, as five walkers surround me, and seven walkers surround him.

"Damnit! I should've brought my swords!" I say, stabbing two walkers. I kill all the walkers except one, I'm about to stab it, but the walker falls on top of me, knocking my knife out of my hand and away from me.

"Mel!!"

My arms are about to give out, until I see a arrow go through the walkers head, so I push it off of me and I stand up.

Daryl runs over and frantically looks for any bite marks.

"Daryl! I'm fine! I'm okay!" I say, putting his face between my hands, making him look at me.

"Oh my god, Mel, that fucking scared me." He sighs and grins.

"You don't have to worry, I'm okay."

He doesn't answer me, he just stares at my eyes, smiling. He puts his hand on the back of my neck, pulling me closer and kissing me. I kiss back after a second, wrapping my arms around his neck, as he wraps his arms around my waist. He pushes me up against a tree, making us closer than we were before.

After a while he pulls away. "I'm sorry..." He says, and he walks away and picks up his bow.

"Um... Tell Rick that I'm gonna be out here for a bit.." I say, awkwardly.

He nods and walks back towards the farm.

***