Chapter 4: Superheroes

~Melody's POV~

I see that Daryl was about to start crying, so I went and put my hand around my shoulder. I could tell he knew it was me, cause he turned around and hugged me, laying his head on my shoulder. I hugged him back, letting him know I was there for him. I look over to where Rick, T-Dog, and Glenn were, and i saw that they all had there eyes wide and mouths wide open. Daryl pulls back, grabbing his crossbow and aiming it at T-Dog. Rick points his gun at Daryl, but I jump in front of Daryl.

"Put it down, Rick. He's grieving. Not a murderer." I say. Rick lowers his gun, and when Daryl heard me say that, he lowered his crossbow, as we followed a blood trail, hoping that it will lead us to Merle.

***

"Okay, Melody and Daryl will come with me while you and T-Dog go into the alley. Got it?" Glenn goes over the plan one more time with Rick.

"Got it."

"Okay, come on Melody." Glenn says to me. I follow him towards the ladder. I look down and sigh, here goes nothing. I start climbing down, not looking down. I look up and I see Daryl.

"You alright?" He asks me.

"Doing great." I say sarcastically.

"Just don't look down." He says.

"I wouldn't even if I tryed." I say. We get onto the ground and hid behind the garbage can. While Glenn runs to get the bag of guns, I hear footsteps behind us. I turn around with Daryl and point my bow at the... boy? Daryl starts talking to him, when he starts yelling. "Stop your'e gonna bring the geeks down on us!" I hissed. I was about to go hit the boy, when arms wrap around my waist and start dragging me towards a car. "DARYL!" I yell.

"Mel!" He yelled. Wait... did he just call me Mel? I don't care right now.

"Daryl!" I yell as the man throws me into the car, hits me with the butt of his gun, and when everything went black, the last thing I heard was Daryl yelling, "Come back here you bastards!"

***

~Daryl's POV~

I'm furious. They took Mel. Why am I calling her that? Maybe cause no one else does and it suits her. I don't know, I just want her back. Rick is trying to talk to this kid calmly to get his sister back, and I'm growing impatient.

"I just want my sister back, that's all I want." Rick tells him.

"I ain't telling you nothin." The boy sneers.

"Rick! He's not gonna say anything!" I say getting mad.

Rick stands up and walks over to me. "Why do you care so much about her?" He asks.

"I don't." I sneer. That's a lie. A total lie. A voice in my head says.

"Alright." He says like he doesn't believe me. He walks back over to the boy, and the boy looks over to him.

He smirks. "We took your girlfriend didn't we?" He teases. I try to get at him, but T-Dog and Glenn pull me back.

~Melody's POV~

I wake up in a hospital with no one in the room. Well, now I know how Rick felt. "Hello?" I call. A man comes in, and puts his hand out to shake. I accept it. Maybe they're not all bad.

"People call me Guillermo here. I'm sorry it had to be this way, you can come out, if you want." He says. I nod, and he helps me up and go into a room where elderly men and women are. I think this was a home. We here a door opening and he smiles at me. "Your people have come to find you." He says. I get excited as he runs to where the are. I here moving around behind me and I see that someone is having trouble breathing. I run over to him and try to help.

I look over to a lady and say, "Go get help!" She nods at me and runs to get help. "It's okay, just breathe. Breathe in.... Breathe out." I say to the man having trouble breathing. I hear the lady coming back, and I turn around and see her coming, with my brother. I see everyone behind him, and I breathe a sigh of relief. She let's go of his hand, and a man comes and helps Mr. Gilbert. I go and hug Rick, while I'm hugging him, I look behind him and see that Daryl is there trying not to smile, and he fails. Rick, Glenn, and T-Dog go to talk to Guillermo, and once they leave Daryl runs over to me and hugs me. "Woah!" I say surprised. "I've never seen Daryl Dixon hug some twice in one day!" I tease.

"Don't ruin it." He says, digging his head into my shoulder. I'm surprised that he's doing this here. He pulls away, and Rick comes out, telling us to go.