Chapter 3: Thinking Out Loud

~Daryl's POV~

It kind of worried me that Melody was walking back to camp by herself. I mean, It's like a mile away! She's like the only person I'm close too, so I don't want her to get hurt.

***

So... An hour ago I was relaxed in the woods, and now Melody is telling me that Merle was left in Atlanta. I didn't get mad at her, but I did get mad at the new guy that left him there, which turned out to be her brother. "Well, tell me where he is, so I can go get him." I said, trying not to cry. Dixons don't cry.

"He'll show you, ain't that right Rick?" I heard Lori speak behind me.

"I'm going back." Rick said.

"I'll go too." I heard Melody say.

"No." Me and Rick both said. Rick looks at me confused.

"I'm good with a bow, gun, and knife! Give me any weapon and I'll be able to use it!" She yelled.

"Fine." I mumbled.

"Alright, let's go." Rick says.

***

"Okay, we walk from here." Glenn says. We get out of the truck, and I help Melody get down. She nods, thanking me. I nod back and we started walking towards the building where Rick handcuffed Merle. We run up the steps, going to the roof. We reach the door, and just like T-Dog said, the door is chained. We break the padlock, and me and Melody are the first to run out. "MERLE!" I yell. "No! No!" I yell as I see the only thing left of Merle. His hand.