1. WEDDING

Alex's POV:

One word to describe her, beauty at its finest. Maybe I exceeded the limit but who cares.

I see how gracefully she walks down the aisle, holding on to her dad's palm tightly. The chandeliers with thousands of lights dangled as the smell of fresh lilies conquered the room. The tables wrapped in satin cloth and decorated with flowers were lined as all the guest had a merry smile.

I stood on the other end with my hands clasped before me. My hands shake nervously but my thoughts were clear. She looked up as a small smile made it onto her face.

It felt like her walk was for eternity but I patiently waited. She finally reached the end of the aisle, to me. Her dad kissed her forehead before placing her hand on mine.

"Just so you know Alex," her dad starts speaking, placing his hand on my shoulder with a smile, "I have a gun and if you hurt her, I definitely can shoot you."

My eyes widened as I nervously gulp. To the guest it might seem like we are having father and soon to be son-in-law conversation. Little did they know he is threatening me.

I quickly nod my head as she chuckles. We stand on the altar which has red carpet spread out with a priest saying something which I barely concentrate on.

"We are gathered here, not to witness the beginning of what will be, but rather what already is. They have come to realize that their personal dreams, hopes, and goals are more attainable and more meaningful through the combined effort and mutual support provided in love, commitment, and family. And so today, they will begin their life together."

A small smile grace my lips as the priest continued. The responsibility does make me giddy but in the end, we might solve anything, together.

"If there is anyone present who can show just cause why these two persons may not be joined in matrimony, speak now or forever hold your peace."

"I object."

My heart goes static when I hear his voice. Not him. I felt like the time stopped ticking as I slowly turn to see him. He grins ear to ear like a maniac at my shocked face.

Ben walked towards me with quick strides and stood in front of me.

"You may not marry her. Not today buddy." With that a bucket filled with water magically appeared in his hands. I was still dazed by complete change of tables.

"What is-" I don't get to complete my sentence as the water splashed on my face.

I jerk out out the bed, coughing up the water. I hear cheerful laughs and good morning greetings.

That didn't just happen.

I wipe the water off my eyes and open the lids to see Ben high five Liam. They both grin as I sat on my bed still dazed by the change of surroundings.

"Why would you do that?" I ask, getting out of the bed as I almost tumble down by my messed up blankets.

"You were smiling the whole time in your sleep. I was worried if you were having nightmare or something." Ben replied.

"Never again I am sleeping here in the dorm. I am going back to my apartment." I say as I get hold of a towel and wipe my face. Every agent in the agency has the liberty to either stay in the dorm provided or live on their own in their apartment or with their parents. I bought the apartment few years back but I don't really use it. It's more like a safe house now.

I look back at my bed and let out a huff, "Great, you people messed up my sheets again." I say, grabbing hold the end of the duvet which is completely wet. "I'll just ask Meghan to fix it." I say running my hand through my hair as I start to walk towards the door but pause when I realise my mistake.

I am still not used to not having Meghan around. I know she is a bad person and I try to wrap my brain around that information. It's just out of habit I call out her name. She might have moved on because she would have anticipated this part of life where she will leave behind agency and me to fulfill her dad's wish, but I on the other hand never knew. I was under the radar the whole time.

Now that she left me behind, with her secrets unveiled for being a traitor and Antonio's daughter, people tend to have a different theory about me. I am clear in my mind and objective, but people in the agency still suspect me.

What if he is like his sister? What if he turns out to be like his father? I was shocked when I got to know I became an important gossiping medium, but now it's getting on my nerves.

I let out a deep breath and look down before turning around to see both Ben and Liam have a remorseful face. Just at that moment, someone opens the door and I take a step back so I don't get hit.

"Chief wants us in his office in ten. Hopefully we have a good mission to work on. If not, I am gonna-" Elena cut herself off as she looked at all of us as she realised the thick atmosphere of awkwardness before her eyes settled on me.

"Is everything okay?" She asks, uncertainty lasing her voice. I nod my head.

"Yeah. I'll get changed quick and meet you at chief's office." I say as turn around and step inside my closet.

Author: So, the wedding?

Alex: I have no comments.

Author: You know, you actually can get married to her but *dramatic pause* you have to go through someone.

Alex: *sweating profoundly* I know. The lion himself.

Ben: *munching fries* Which wedding are we talking about?

Alex: It's nothing. *turns towards the author* Don't slip a word to him.

Author: *smirks*