25. ALEXANDER ESPOSITO.

Alex's POV:

I hate leaches. Especially leaches in human form. The way they cling and take every opportunity to afflict pain is the most annoying thing ever. And that leach could perhaps be Jayden himself.

I thought I would go fetch files and I wouldn't have to see his face, but universe never wanted me to have some peace and let Jayden join us to our little journey to the archives.

Ben and Gwen were in their own little world, bickering about chopsticks and forks. Who even has a debate over that?

"So, you're getting threats," I hear Jayden say. I keep my face neutral and act as if I never heard it. That was a subtle way of letting him know I wasn't interested in talking to him which he ignored.

"I wonder why someone so worthless like you is being threatened. I mean, you stay or die, doesn't make a big difference," He shrugs. I clench my hand and tune out his words. His words don't really affect me. Or so I keep telling that to myself.

"Unlike me Jayden, you're unique. I mean, I haven't met anyone in the world who has an ability to open their mouth and filth spills out of it involuntarily. That's quite an achievement I must say," I hiss. Though I decided not to talk and answer back with offensive words, he provokes me so much I have no other way.

We turn as we keep moving swiftly and briskly. The faster I reach, the quicker I get rid of this leech.

Oh, that rhymed.

"We are all unique and lucky in our own way Xander," He chuckles to himself as if his joke was humorous. "Look, despite having a traitorous blood, you're here. You really work your charm to make people forget where you truly are from."

I turn sideways and glare at him. He holds a smirk as he looked at me. He's waiting for you to crack Alex. Don't give him the satisfaction of it. I keep walking, clenching my hand, so I don't do something which I might regret.

"Shut up Jayden," I say through my cleaned teeth.

"By the way, how's your sister? You might probably know where she's hiding and keeping it away from agency to protect her. God, I hated her from the start."

I ignore him. Though I am acting all calm and composed, this maddening creature is getting under my skin.

"And don't get me started with that treacherous father of yours-"

"Jayden, enough."

"No matter a friend of Delta B or an agent, at the end of the day, blood is thicker than water."

That's it.

I grab hold of his collar and slam him against the wall. My eyes have gone completely red. The indignation of being constantly mocked and ridiculed at is liting fire through my veins. Jayden seemed unfazed as he had a grin on his face. He's clearly happy that he got a reaction out of me.

Ben and Gwen who were walking right behind us stopped. I could see both of them are a bit taken a back by my behavior.

"Shut it Jayden. You wouldn't like the consequences," I spit out the words through clenched teeth. I have never been so angry, maybe once when Antonio called me son, but other than that, today Jayden has officially pissed me off.

"Consequences? A traitor has an audacity to threaten me?"

Despite my clear warning, he mocks me again. My fingers clench on his collar as I try to keep my anger under control.

"Stop it. One more word-"

"Truth is bitter Xander. You've always had your father's blood of betrayal running through your veins," He spits out the word with narrowed eyes in disgust.