22. FACTS MIXED WITH FALSITY

Eighteen's POV:

I quickly buckle up and start the jet. It took a little bit of convincing to seek permission from my dad to take the jet. And after I told him I am going to meet Antonio, he was totally against it. But when I told him the reason, he saw my point and let me go.

The sky was completely dark, as the jet soared through the sky. Dad said he would ask permission for the landing near central prison so there's nothing for me to worry about.

After few minutes, the monitor shows we are at the destination. I slow down the speed and reduce the altitude. Though I am nine hundred meters above the ground, I could clearly see a huge compound with tall barriers where world's infamous prisoners are kept.

After I land safely, I unbuckle and get out of the jet. I walk down to see two officers in their professional uniform holding a rifle. I walk forward and push my hand front.

"Agent Eighteen."

"Sergeant Connor. It's an honour to meet you," He said, shaking my hand.

Of course you're honoured.

"The honour is all mine sergeant," I say though something else was in my mind. He nods as the other officer came forward and raised his hand forward for a shake. Unlike sergeant Connor, he seems to have a neutral face.

"This is Lieutenant Meyers. He will show the way to Antonio's cell. I shall take my leave."

Sergeant walked away leaving me with Lieutenant. He started walking towards an elevator and I follow him. I notice many soldiers with their rifles patroling around. The whole compound was dark which was dimly lit by lights.

After reaching the elevator, we step inside. Unlike the normal elevator, this one had no buttons to click. In fact, it was replaced with a blue screen.

I see Lieutenant select sub level 30. It asked for voice confirmation to which he responded to. The elevator jerked and descended down. I turn towards the Lieutenant to see him standing like a statue with his eyes forward.

"How many sub levels does the compound have?"

"I am afraid I can't tell you. It's confidential," he said in clipped tone. I shrug.

"It's alright. There's nothing to be afraid for."

He doesn't say anything in return. I expected that. The elevator finally came to a stop. The doors slide open to reveal a huge broad passage which are lit in blue lights.

"This way," Meyers said. I nod and follow him. There were guards positioned for every cell. I pause and look to my left to see the transparent glass where I can over look a bunch of prisoners walking around. There was a black wrist band attached to everyone's hand. It's probably some device to keep them in check.

I resume my walk as I follow lieutenant through never ending passage. How long is this walk?

"If you don't mind, Agent Eighteen, can I ask you a question?"

"I would normally say no but since I've got nothing left to do, go for it."

"I've heard stories about how you took down Antonio and his reign-"

"Correction. Facts. Those are facts not stories."

"My apologies. But according to me, I feel like these facts are a bit heterogeneous, don't you think?" He asked. I narrow my eyes.

This is something I should really be careful about. These officers had been interrogating prisoners forever. They know how to get the answers out and read body language better than anyone. Though I have been trained to maintain my composure, I was never good in that field.