41. SHE LOOKS BEAUTIFUL.

Eighteen's POV:

I stayed inside the room for four more hours. I called my dad and told him about how we burnt down the drugs and found out the leader. He was impressed. He said sooner or later we will catch all of them. Though my dad is confident, my new-found information about Jennifer is killing me. Should I ask her about this? Maybe there is something which is obscured? Or has Jennifer sold us out to dragons?

No, no. She won't. I have to stop accusing her before having a potential proof with me. Just because Meghan turned out to be a traitor, that doesn't mean everyone is like her. Jennifer won't. I'll ask her about the invention directly.

After a quick shower and change of clothes, I walk outside. Mrs. Wright was talking to Jayden about something. As soon as I approach them, they stop talking and turn towards me.

"Had a good sleep, dear?" She asked me politely. How do I politely tell her to not call me 'dear'?

I just nod my head in return. I turn towards Jayden. "Where are the others?"

"Liam has left to retrieve some clothes from the RV. Gwen and Ben are still asleep. Jen is in that last room. I saw her walking around. And Alex, I don't really care."

I roll my eyes and walk away. I hear faint anger of a mother who's not so happy about Jayden's last comment. I walk up the stairs and pause right after Jennifer's room. I hear faint voices and take a look through the small gap of the door. Alex was looking at the laptop as Jennifer stood beside him.

"-but this is all I could find about her."

"She looks beautiful," I hear Alex's voice. Who looks beautiful? What are they talking about? I take a peep inside to see Alex's gaze fixed on the laptop.

"She does." Jen agreed.

"I wish I could meet her in person," Alex muttered, his gaze never leaving the screen. Who's the girl he's talking about? Is it the one Ben told the other day who Alex has eyes for? If it is so, why wasn't I told?

"You will, Alex."

"Thanks Jen."

I knock on the unlocked door before walking inside. Alex and Jen looked up. I was really curious to see who the lady is, but I don't. I stay right near the door and look at Alex.

"I need to talk to Jen for a second."

"Sure, what is it?" Jen asked.

I look at Jennifer before looking back at Alex. His gaze stayed on me, waiting for me to talk.

"Alone."

Alex eyes widen for a second before he recomposes. He looks at Jen then at me. I see something flick through his eyes, but it disappears quickly as it appeared. He nods and walks towards me. After pausing for a small glance, he walks past shutting the door behind him.

"Let's take a seat," I say and sit down in front of Jennifer. She gives me a confused glance, before settling down. My mind goes through verses on how to start this conversation.

Try to be subtle. She doesn't have to know what you're seeking.

"I want to know about the project you worked on few years ago."

"Which project?" She asks, tilting her head to show how confused she is.

"The one in research department."

She chuckles. "I have worked on a lot of projects, Elena. You have to be more specific."

"About some hallucination gas?"