31. SLEEPING ARRANGEMENTS.

Elena's POV:

It's quite usual for Jessica and Jayden to fight but when you're on the sidelines, watching everything, you're in for a treat. Especially when they fight over a bed, in someone else's house.

"This is my bed, I touched it first!"

"I stepped into the room first, which technically means the whole room belongs to me!"

"Ha! You wish Jayden, this is Alex's house, he will decide."

And just like that, everyone turns their eyes on Alex. He was causally leaning against the wall, watching the show unfold. Now that they are inviting him to get involved, he stands straight and looks around in baffled expression.

"Umm, one of you can take my room if you want. I'll crash on the air mattress or the couch," Alex said. If it was me, I would have kicked Jayden out for what he did earlier. But Alex, in spite of having a fight this morning, he's ready to lend his room to his bully.

"What about us?" Ben asked, in such innocent little voice which definitely doesn't belong to him. Alex ran his hand through his hair and racked his brain to find out a solution for sleeping arrangements.

"Let's do this, guest room is for gamma team, Alex's room can be shared among the Delta team. Period," Gwen explained, waving her hand around.

"But you're three, and we are five," Ben replied. Gwen just shrugs in return.

"I don't see where that's my problem."

Ben mock glares in return. After giving Ben a cheeky smile, Gwen turns towards Jayden and slams her index finger against his chest. Though Jayden is extremely taller than Gwen, she seems more intimidating than him right now.

"Be a gentleman for once and sleep on the couch."

Jayden glares down at her. "Not happening."

"Too bad, I wasn't asking you Jade. I was letting you know."

"Gwen-"

"Do you want me to call her?" Gwen threatened cutting him off. Jayden stops before pressing his lip as a thin line. Who's 'her' Gwen referring to?

"Fine," he grumbles as he went to sit on the couch on the other side of the room, pulls out his phone and scrolls through it, expertly ignoring the rest of the world.

We leave the guest room and walk back to the living room. I was actually growing tired after the cat and mouse chase. Alex brings out air mattresses, with the help of Liam and Ben, and fills it up with air. They go back to his room and places the air mattress on the floor. Ben walks back after few minutes.

"Ladies, the air mattress is ready and waiting for you," Ben said, clapping the dust away. I look at Jen, and she looks back at me with a same look which says 'Is he for real?'

"Good joke. We are taking the bed."

"What? No. We are not sleeping on the floor. Liam, explain these girls, will you?"

Liam walked out, yawning. He scratches the back of his head as he stood beside Jen instead of standing beside his best friend. Ben slightly narrow his eye on Liam's changed behavior towards Jen. He shakes his head and brushes it off. Either Ben already noticed the subtle affection these two have or he's just acting oblivious like he always does.

"What is it?" Liam asked in half-consciousness.

"They are asking us to take the floor."

"What's wrong with that?"

"Excuse me?! Are you alright in your head Liam? They want us to sleep on the floor!"

"Yeah, I heard you the first time."