44. WOUNDS OF A BLEEDING SOUL.

Eighteen's POV:

"What do you mean Alfredo?"

He raises his eyebrows at my confused gaze. After taking a bite of his croissant, he gave me a look.

"You didn't know Gwendolyn, the runaway lady who is the most wanted person on our list, is a member of Alfredo?"

I shake my head as I blink my eyes. This is too much information within a day. Gwendolyn is an Alfredo. Does it mean she is also like Meghan? Daughter of a culprit swore to take some stupid vengeance? Is she gonna hurt us? Worse of all, hurt Ben? I won't let that happen! I would never let that happen!

"Back up and tell me everything."

He gives me a lopsided grin. "I will. Do I get your number in return?"

I glare. Here I am freaking out and this dude still wants my number. If it wasn't for his past and current struggles, I would have shot him. Ten bullets at least.

My glare conveyed more than my words could ever can, and the teen immediately raised his hand in surrender asking me to calm down.

"Maybe not the right time. Alright then, you want to know about Gwendolyn Alfredo?"

I give him a curt nod. He claps his hands once, dusting away the crumbs. He leans against the chair as he speaks. "Gwendolyn. Beautiful young lady. Ravishing. Goddess. Intelligent and funny—"

"Stop with the attributes. I want to know how she's related to Alfredo?"

"Oh, that's a long story. She was a member of Alfredo. She ran away a few years back. Nobody knew why. Some say, after the death of her parents, she needed a new start. Some say she is after something. While others just say she's a deceiver. She took some important tech with her when she left. And king is still trying to catch his niece."

So Gwen's father and Alfredo are brothers. Why did she leave? Why did she become an agent? Has her parents' death got anything to do with agency and is she out to get vengeance?

"What did she take with her?"

"A disk. What is it used for or why king is after that, I really have no idea. I just know Gwendolyn is wanted, and the bounty is too high. Something must be so special and dangerous about that disk. King has been stressed out about it for years."

What could that disk possibly be used for? If it is so important, if it is something the king is after for so long, it must be really important. I remember them mentioning it in the ship as well. When I get some puzzle solved out, it results in more unpredictable maze of tricks.

"You said Plan B is the gas, right? What's plan C?"

"Killing you, of course. Was it too hard to guess?"

I shake my head and slap a few dollars on the table. I get up and wear my shades and nod at the teen in acknowledgement.

"The agency will take care of all the expenses and necessities for your mother. I gave you my word and I will abide by it. For answering all the questions, for your betterment, I hope they were not lies. And this conversation stays between us."

"Yes, ma'am." I turn to walk away, but I hear him call me once again. I imagine shooting him in his head thousand times as I turn around.

"You asked me so many questions, can I ask one?"

I give no answer as I wait for him. Boys eventually ask either way so I just wait. Taking my silence as yes, he asked me the question.

"Can I have your number?"

I sigh. I am gonna kill this child.

"Study kid," I mutter and walk away.

***