Chapter 25: Stupid

It was morning now and both the sides were equally disturbed as well as scared. But still the decision was made. It was time that Riya left her insecurities behind, just this once, to see what happens and she knew that really well.

"Hi Riya..." Atharva's voice wavered, unsure.

"Yes?" Riya asked but even her voice was a bit low today.

"Your decision? Even if you don't want to meet its okay" Atharva reassured her.

"Ummm" stuttered Riya.

"So a yes or no?" Asked Atharva without missing a beat.

"Yes, I'm ready to meet you" said Riya finally with a small smile.

"What!" Atharva was shocked.

He stood on top of the bed and shouted yes while covering the microphone on top of his mobile. E Riya still heard his yes, though the voice was a bit low and her face brightened up, not just with a smile but also with pink chubby cheeks.

"But give me a week before we meet, okay?" Said Riya with a feeble voice.

"Of course" was Atharva's immediate reply.

This was a big step for her. And even though Atharva didn't know that he still understood.

"By the way, dancing on the bed because you can meet me is stupid" said Riya with a fully blown chuckle.

"I'm not stupid" said Atharva in a baby voice but still he was secretly glad that the topic changed.

"But ... You should be excited... You are practically immortal" said Riya in between her chuckles.

"How?" Atharva asked, totally confused.

"Stupidity lasts forever" she said and once again broke into fits of laughter.

His face had a smile as she laughed all this time.