Saving Kyoto

First POV:

I finally woke up. "Hey guys." I greeted everyone. "Nice to see you're back!" Midoriya said. "So, Rin. Are you ready to defeat the Impure King?" I asked him.

"You bet." Rin said, but we both knew that was a lie. "Here." Suguro handed me my dagger. "Come on, let's get going. We have an entire city to save." Suguro said.

"R-Right." I stuttered, blushing a bit. Rin and I wore the coats that Shura left for us. "Guys, we're going to Kongo-Shinzan in Raku-Hoku." Suguro said, as we exited the inn. "The Impure King's going down." We all started running towards the forest. 

"This was our chance to prove that Rin and I were going to live and not get killed by the Vatican.

We could already see the miasma as we were walking in the forest. Shura called earlier and told us to find master Tatsuma. Just then, Izumo and I spotted someone, lying on the ground. He looked familiar. It was Master Tatsuma. "Look, guys, over there!" Izumo and I said, pointing to the spot where Master Tatsumo's body lay.

"Dad!" Suguro yelled, and we ran over to him. He was breathing heavily. "Dad, I'm here." Suguro said, kneeling down to his side. "I'm gonna call Ms. Kirigakure and let her know we found him." Miwa said, starting to call her.

Suddenly his chest started to glow, and there was a small flame. Above him, a small, demon bird, covered in bright, orange flames appeared. "I go by the name Karura and I serve the high priest of the Myo-O Dharani." Karura said.

"Karura? Are you Dad's familiar?" Suguro asked. "I was, but the pact I had with him was broken after my secret was revealed. Currently I am bound to Tatsuma Suguro by a personal pact." Karura explained. We looked at Master Tatsuma, who was coughing. "Oh, that hurts." Tatsuma said.

"Dad!" Tasuma looked up to see Suguro. "Ryuji, what are you doing here?" Tatsuma asked. "I came to get you." Suguro said. 'Well, that was dumb." Tatsuma leaned on a tree. Karura flew next to him. "I have healed your wounds, Tatsuma, but you must not move yet." Karura said.

"Karura. I've never seen you so tiny. Can't believe we're both still alive after that." Tatsuma said. "Yes, well, I am also known as the Phoenix. I can always be reborn. As for you, I will not let you die. Our pact for the Holy Fire is still in affect." Karura said. 

Tatsuma then looked at Rin and I and we swallowed the lump in our throats, nervously. "Rin, you're here and so is your sister! Does that mean you read my letter?" Tatsuma asked.

"Mm-hmm." We nodded. "I read it too, Dad." Suguro said. "What?!" Tatsuma asked in shock. "No more secrets. Everyone here understands the basic situation. But you need to tell us everything now." Suguro said. Tatsuma hesitated for a bit. "All right, son. I'll tell you how to kill the Impure King." Tatsuma said.

"The legend of the Impure King is a record of how our founder fought it. Only the higher-ups in our sect know about it. It says the Impure King will grow as big as a castle. Then a sporangium is supposed to sprout up in the middle of it." Tatsuma said.

"Sporangium? Is that if? That curly-cue thing poking up?" Iida asked, pointing at it. "Yeah, I guess that's it. When it matures, it's gonna pop and let loose a thick cloud of toxic spores. Then the miasma will spread all over. Last time this happened, 150 years ago, 40,000 people died. And if it gets loose again in modern-day Kyoto, even more people are gonna die."

"Oh, my God!" Midoriya covered his mouth. I could tell that he was afraid. "We've gotta stop it no matter what." Tatsuma said. "Then if we kill that thing before its spore sac pops, that should do it." Suguro said.