Saving Kyoto Part 2

"We turn and see Kuro. "Rin! Akia!" Kuro said. "Kuro!" Rin and I said. "Get outta here!" Kuro said to us. "Huh? Why?" I asked. "Don't "huh" me. It's too dangerous here! This mountain's possessed by a mountain demon! A really stinky one!" Kuro complained. Todoroki and Ryuji turned to us, looking confused. Right... They couldn't understand demons.

"Hang on, it's called the Impure King. And Yeah, we know it's dangerous, but we ain't leaving. We gotta climb up inside that thing so we can kill it." Rin said. 

"Are you crazy?! You can't deal with this. Uh-uh, no way!" Kuro shook his head no. "Well, someone's got to or else people are going to die." I explained.

"You big dummies." Kuro became larger, shocking Ryuji. Todoroki flinched. "It's not safe so I'll take you." Kuro said. "Really? You're the best, Kuro!" I petted him under his chin.

"Don't just stand there, hop on!" Rin told Todoroki and Ryuji who were trying to comprehend what just happened. "Hu? On that?" Ryuji finally asked.

A few minutes later... We took off on Kuro towards the Impure King. I held onto Rin. Todoroki was behind me, and Ryuji was wrapped with Kuro's tail. He was definitely freaking out. "Yea-ah-ah-ah!" Rin cheered.

"This is so rad!" Rin cheered. "Whoooo!" I said. "We're gonna die!" I heard Ryuji scream. When Kuro landed on the Impure King, the fungus would come after us. "It attacks whenever I try to land!" Kuro said. "Todoroki!" I said. "I'm on it." Todoroki used his fire to stop the fungus.

 "It might look like a castle, but it's a mountain demon, all right!" Kuro said. "We must center the barrier, but I do not see a clear spot to place the Earth sign." Karura said. "Even if there was, I wouldn't have the time I need to chant the spell!" Ryuji said.

"Kuro! We need to find a safe spot to set up!" Rin said. "Keep an eye out for one!" I said. "I'm looking! I'm looking!" Kuro said. "Oh, man. That spore sac's huge!" Ryuji said. Soon, I heard someone's stomach grumble.

 "Aaah!" Ryuji comically yelled. "Sorry about that, but I didn't eat dinner and now I'm starving! Is it just me or does that thing look like a giant meat bun?" Rin asked.

"You're such an idiot..." I said. "How can you be so calm, when everything around us is trying to get us?" I heard Todoroki ask. "I'm totally freakin' out back here!" Ryuji said. "That's not our fault!" I said.

 Before we left, we played a little game to see who would sit up front. "You lost fairy and square, homie!" Rin said. "I'm not talkin' about that, you dumbasses! I'm talkin' about how, if you, Rin, can't draw that sword, It's up to Akia to fight off that thing all by herself, while you and Todoroki protect me. Aren't you two a bit worried?!" Ryuji asked us. He did have a point.

I had to fight that huge demon off by myself because Rin couldn't draw his sword. What if I failed? Then what would happen? "Rin! Akia! There's a spot down there! Hold on!" Kuro jumped again. We landed on the open ground. "This rock is the only place that's not covered!" Kuro said, as Ryuji got off.

"Welp...this is as good a place to die as any." Rin said. "How could you say that?!" I asked in shock. "I knew it! You two don't think we're gonna make it out alive, either." Ryuji said.

 "What? No, just tryin' to sound cool!" Rin said. "Don't worry! And try not to shit yer pants, big guy."Rin said, taking the joke a bit too far. Todoroki just sighed. "Why, you..." Ryuji said.

"Right now, everyone's doing whatever they can to stop this. No way are we gonna let them down!" I said. "So get that barrier up and quit acting like a whiny princess! Todoroki, you protect her." I teased, jokingly.