Chapter 15: Little Miss Burns

***Bloom's POV***

I was doing homework in bed, but after two hours of restless work I closed my laptop and put it to the side of the bed, deciding that I would do it later. Suddenly, I got a text from an anonymous source. 'I suggest this website. -love, geniusness.' And a link attached to it. I frowned and called the number back. I waited impatiently until the person answered "hel-"

"Who are you and how did you know that I needed math answers?" I interrupted the person.

"Well hello to you too...." The cocky voice replied. 

"Wait... Sky! You sound very cocky today..." I said and smiled when he started laughing whole-heartedly. I imagined him throwing his head back in laughter with a soda can in his hand.

"Thank you, I've been working on it," he replied, his laughter dying down.

"Tell me, how exactly did you get my phone number?" I questioned.

"I have my ways... mwahaha," He replied in a deep evil voice. "No but seriously, I asked your friend Stella who acted very weird by the way," he then explained.

I slapped my hand on my forehead and grunted. "Agh! Now she won't leave me alone about it..." I grumbled and he started laughing again.

"Sorry for bringing it up," he said but I knew he wasn't in the least sorry; he sounded amused.

"So did you find your answers?" he asked, changing the subject.

"Yes, but how did you know- wait, let me guess. I know a person who knows a person who knows a person who knows me and asked them what our math work is," I said, rolling my eyes.

"Something along those lines," he chuckled.

"Of course..." I scoffed with my phone on my shoulder as I skimmed through my wardrobe for something to wear.

"So, whatcha doing?" he asked.

"Getting dressed. I have to go train today..." I said while taking a shirt out of the closet and laying it on my bed.

"Ooh, tough luck," he said and suddenly I heard a crash and a boom from the backround.

"Sky, what happened?" I asked while taking the phone with my hand and straightening my head.

"Nothing, I got to go," he responded and quickly hung up. I tried to call him again but it went straight to voicemail. I decided that I would call him again later and got dressed instead.

****

"This is it Bloom, you are going to learn how to call your winx," Daphne said as I successfully defeated a virtual witch with the flame, and my mouth dried. I gasped and the sudden rush of adrenaline caused my heart to accelerate.

"In order to gain your winx you need to show great courage at a time of distress and danger. You are ready to begin your journey for winx, but I must keep training you so you can face the danger and prevail," she concluded and all of my excitement died instantly; my shoulders visibly deflated in disappointment.

"Oh, okay. Let's train," I mumbled, disappointment leaking from my voice.

"I'm sorry to disappoint you Bloom," she then put a hand in my shoulder, "but this kind of privilege doesn't come easily. This is great power, and with great power comes great responsibility, so you must earn it and show that you are worthy of it," she told me with a kind look in her eyes. I nodded in understanding.

"Now, let's fight," she said as she brought her arms over her head and then bringing them down, causing a ribbon of Blue flame to appear from the spot where her hands were. I did the same, but mine gave out an orange-red flame instead.