Chapter 43: She's not worth it

***Sky's P.O.V.***

After Bloom had sporadically decided to cut all ties with me, Mitzy appeared out of the blue with the outrageous idea of getting together. The fact that she came immediately after made me suspect more than just a coincidence; however, I said yes.

It was almost like being put under a witch's spell, because I can not tolerate Mitzy the slightest bit, but I put the blame on my revolting emotions, every day. I still worry about Bloom. I just can't wrap my head around what I could've possibly done to make Bloom push me away so suddenly.

We walked down the hallway, Mitzy clinging on to my arm like a needy cub. She became annoyed to see that I wasn't paying any attention to her. She pulled on my arm and pouted. "Skyyyy... Why aren't you speaking to me?" She whined. "Stop thinking about that brat, you have me now!"

"Sorry," I responded monotonely.

It was so mysterious, so out of the blue. Up to this point I believed Bloom and I were very close; she seemed so happy and relieved when we spoke, so why?

Why go through all the pain of cutting out our friendship completely, if I haven't given her any reason not to trust me?...

-"you know she's not worth it," Mitzy interrupted my thoughts with an angry face. "That little minx was deceiving you and lying to you and after all I've done to save you from her, you persist on thinking about the situation!"

"What are you talking about, Mitzy?"

"Bloom!" She responds, venom laced in her voice. "Bloom! Who's been stealing you away, who I know has some pretty nasty secrets, and for some reason, has been dragging you down with her! She deserves to be alone and to putrefy on that Ashland she calls home, for all I care!" She was heaving in breaths and her fists were clenched. I stayed quiet.

And the next thing? It happened like it was in slow motion.

Bloom and her friends were walking down in our direction, talking amongst each other. Bloom threw her head back and laughed.

We both turned to look at each other.

Her smile immediately faltered. She stared at me with a look so intense, there was no doubt of the emotions behind it.

Longing.
Comprehension.
Sadness.
Pity.
And anger.

The last one wasn't thrown at me; she was already burning down Mitzy with her gaze by the time I recognized that look in her eyes. I turned my torso and watched her keep walking with her friends before turning away from me and blending in with the crowd.

Then it dawned on me.

"What did you do to her?" I questioned Mitzy.

She crossed her arms and pursed her lips. "What do you mean?"

I narrowed my eyes at her. "Don't be coy; what did you do to Bloom?"

She gave me a questioning look and stuck her chin up. "Nothing that wasn't for the purpose of righteousness..."

I gritted my teeth and gnarled at her. "What righteousness?"

"Look," she started, "I don't know what she's done to get you worked up like that, but just know that I'm doing this for you; to protect you."

I scoffed. "Protect me from what? From her? She wouldn't hurt me even if she wanted to; she wouldn't hurt anyone!"

"Yeah," she got agitated as well, "Well don't be so sure about that, Mister!"

"You think you've impacted her, you think you know her, you think you've fixed her, Ey? Guess what! She's not that Amazing little treasure you think she is! She doesn't trust you; why would she? You are just her crying pillow, one who she could empty out her problems with. She doesn't really care! let's see: do you really know anything about her?"