Chapter 37: Just Leave

***Bloom's POV***

My heart was heavy with pain as I tried, somehow, to find a way to break things off with Sky. I still didn't know how, but all I wished was to avoid seeing him as long as I could before I had to do the dreaded action.

Perhaps it was for the best. I can't attach myself to him, I thought, I would just end up hurting both of us in the long run. Sky was too good to be brought down by somebody like me; I couldn't allow him to suffer such fate.

Don't you dare think like her, Bloom. You are not a nobody nor are you a bad person; don't let her evil thoughts get into your head...

I ignored Daphne's stern voice and blocked her out as thoughts of my deceiving life replaced her instead.

Are you going to keep thinking you're the evil one? I thought you accepted who you are already!

"I'm sorry..." I sobbed. "I'm sorry! I-I-I can't... she knows.. she knows... And Sky, I don't wanna hurt him."

I burried my head in between my crossed arms and let my tears drop to the floor. It just wasn't fair, I just didn't know what I did wrong.

"Ugh!" I screamed in frustration and pulled my hair up as the tears kept blurring my eyesight.

"Bloom? Are you okay?" The door opened behind me and the silhouette of a person walked inside.

The door closed. The person sat next to me and I couldn't help the derisive snort that escaped my nose. "Bloody great," I sniffed and wiped the tear that dropped out of my eye. "I really can't catch a break..."

"Bloom, what's wrong? what are you talking about?" Sky took me gently by the chin, just like Mitzy had minutes ago, and I instinctively turned away from him. Fear and sadness invaded my chest once again and I couldn't help but scrunch up my face, all to avoid sobbing in front of him.

Tears clouded up my vision and I nearly stuffed my entire fist inside my mouth because it wasn't fair. It wasn't fair that Mitzy had actual power over me and was using it against me just because I'm different. It wasn't fair that she had the power to make me cry and suffer like this. And it certainly wasn't fair that she had the power to choose who I can love and who I could not.

Who I could love...

"Bloom? Bloom! what's wrong? Your face is red. Bloom, please, who did this to you?" Sky's voice dropped to a low whisper.

I shook my head. "I can't... I can't handle this anymore Sky... I just want this to be over..." I dropped my cry to a raspy whisper. "I just wanna feel at home."

I eventually dropped my fist from my mouth and I sobbed as much as my body allowed me to. I had to break off any connection with him by the end of today and it was going to hurt. No more reassurance and comfort. No more relaxed  and easy going moments. No more playful moments.

I had to do it like a band-aid, quick and without a second thought. But not yet.

I felt my head drop to his shoulder and I turned my body so I was completely nuzzled into his side. I kept sobbing, sobbing for him because what I was going to do was totally unfair and it filled my heart heavily with pain. I was going to leave him hanging in the dark. And if I kept doing this any further, it was going to hurt more. it was time.

"Bloom, what's happened to you? Is it your training with Daphne? Because you can get out of it. You can't waste your life because you're doing a favor for your sister and I'm pretty sure she unders-"

"No Sky! I can't! You see the problem is that I can't! My life is not as simple as you perceive it to be and you're the only one who knows about it," I was now standing up at the top of the stairs, "I'm not who you think I am and yet you're still comfy not knowing anything! Why Sky? Don't you ever feel like I'm too much for you? Last year it was like I didn't exist and all of the sudden you're interested in me-"

Sky looked at me with a careful frown and slowly rose from the stairs. "Bloom, let's calm down. I know you're upset, but I don't want you do anything that you'll regr-"

"Why do you care?"

Sky looked at me with disbelief. "What...? What do you mean why do I care?"

I dropped the bomb. 

There was no going back.

I nodded as tears ran down my face. "Why do you care? It's not like I ever gave you a reason to. Sure, we hang out and laugh and you comfort me when I cry, but... there's no solid base for this friendship and it's not going to end well unless you give me a solid reason."

Sky was speechless for a few seconds as he stared at me. Then he spoke. "Bloom, you can't just base our friendship off of reasons, what's important is how we made it strong through the-"

"Just leave," I interrupted him with a low whisper. My heart felt like it was going to kill itself and I couldn't stop shaking violently.

"Bloom don't do this, you're in no condition to do decisions like this. Just-"

"Yes I am. Sky, please don't make this any harder than it should be."

"Bloom-" Sky took a step forward and tried to reach me but all I could do was take a step back and squeeze my eyes shut. I shook my head and sobbed. I couldn't do this with a strong stance if I was looking at him any more.

"Just leave," I pointed at the door and waited five seconds before I heard his last words. "Just know, that I'm not giving up."

The door slammed shut and that was the signal for me to loose any strength I had left in me. My knees gave out and I dropped to the floor, barely remembering how to breathe anymore.

Why'd you do it?

No...