Chapter 41: Potion Lessons

The office seemed relatively normal. Big bookshelves lined both of the walls and there wasn't a single space vacant. Both were filled to the ceiling with fat, bulgy books and I couldn't help but be curious about the content inside of them. On the opposite side of the room was a big oak desk, with two simple chairs in front of it. Miss Faragonda stood with her arms tucked behind her back as she observed the students below. That entire wall was made of glass, allowing view of the entire campus below.

"umm," I started awkwardly as I made my way towards her desk. "I believe Daphne sent me to get instructions..."

She looked around once more before sitting in her chair. "Yes, your sister told me all about you Bloom. You're very special," she stated.

"Thank you..." I chuckled.

Miss Faragonda opened a drawer in her desk and took a paper out. "I scheduled for you to take a freshman class, so you know how everything works around here. You're going to the Potionology class."

I took the paper from her and skimmed through the content. "Cool... When does it start?" I asked.

She looked up to the wall behind me. "In half an hour," she said.

"Thank you," I said as I stood up, but when I made my way towards the door, her words stopped me.

"Do you know about the company of light, my dear?"

I gulped and nodded, before turning around. Daphne had told me about the company of light when she showed me what had happened to my parents in Domino. They were the group my parents were a part of, who fought the Ancestral Witches.

"Yes, I'm very well associated with it," I said.

"Did you know that I was in it?" she responded.

Any coherent thoughts died out in my mind when I heard her. It just didn't seem possible that this frail, aged head mistress fought such strong wars next to my... parents.

Miss Faragonda was waiting for an answer, but all she got was a stunned expression for me. Taking my silence for a lack of an answer, she nodded and turned to a book on top of her desk.

"I was there in the battle of Domino... I'm so sorry for your parents' loss. It must be a burden not being able to see them," she apologized, "But even if you do Bloom, I must tell you that you can't despair," she responded with a smile.

I scrunched my eyebrows together in confusion. "How come?"

Miss Faragonda motioned to one of the seats, and I sat once again. With her finger, she summoned one of her many books from the bookshelves and it opened itself in front of me. In it, there were six silhouettes backed up by a gleam of light.

"Legend says, that a new company of light will form and will restore Domino to the place it once was. It's not just a legend, but a prophecy," she said with conviction.

"It's going to happen then?" I gasped. 

She nodded. "Yes Bloom. So keep on going with your training and keep on moving forward! You might just be strong enough to be there in its time of fulfillment. Do it, for your sister and your parents," she encouraged me.

Without realizing it, I was already hugging my schedule very tightly against my chest and smiling, smiling a lot more than when I exited that dorm.

"Thank you Miss Faragonda, thank you," I thanked her breathlessly.

"You are more than welcome. Now off to class, you can't be late to your first lesson," Faragonda said, before straightening her posture again and opening the door from her desk.