Chapter 40: Alfea College

***Bloom's P.O.V.***

It was the most enchanting building I had ever seen. It was pale pink and purple with the appearance of a castle, but still had an air of power, strength, and grace. It was boldly designed, with a tower in each corner, but contained strong and tall walls. The building surrounded a big patio, one that served as the entrance to the school. Although, unlike most castles, the college had odd twists and jagged shapes instead of straight walls...

And it was pink.

I stood there, in front of the huge, curved gates at sundown and my sister put a hand on my shoulder. "Welcome to Alfia, Bloom. All fairies that have the opportunity to do so come here to reinforce their powers, learn spells, potions, laws, and everything that belongs in the fairy world. I figured that it was time to take you here because I need you to see that you're not alone. There are hundreds just like you that, despite being fairies, manage to live a normal life, and are in situations just like yours."

I craned my neck and saw some movement inside the gates but it was different. I saw fluttering of wings. I gasped. "There are fairies... inside..."

"Yes," Daphne answered. "These are the fairies who take the night classes because they either live in other realms, have special assignments, or have royal duties during the day."

"There's princesses in there?" I exclaimed.

"You're a princess, Bloom," Daphne responded.

"Right," I chuckled sheepishly.

"Visitors aren't allowed during the night classes so we have to wait until day time. I recommend you call your parents and tell them you're staying over at a friend's house."

I nodded and dialed my phone. Surprisingly, it connected. "Hi mom. Yeah, I'm just calling to tell you that I'm staying at Stella's tonight... yeah don't worry... I'll probably be back late, we have stuff to do together so... Okay, don't worry, I will. Okay, I love you too, bye," I said before I stuffed my phone inside my pocket. "My mother says it's okay," I confirmed.

Daphne smiled. "Well then I guess it's time to go to sleep," she waved her hand and all of the sudden my feet were being swept off the ground. I let out an involuntary squeal and my body positioned itself in a horizontal position, midair.

"Am I gonna sleep... in the air?" I asked in surprise.

"Yes. It's more comfy than sleeping on the floor, don't you believe?"

"Well yes, it is," I said as I closed my eyes.

***

I was already on my way to falling asleep, when I heard the creaking of gates and a gasp. "Daphne! What are you doing here? Is that your... oh!" Another gasp. "She looks just like her mother..."

Daphne spoke. "Miss Faragonda, I need your help. See, my sister is training and..." her voice eventually lowered and I stirred in my sleep.

"Yes of course, I understand. Well, come in! We can put her in a bed until morning arrives," the voice responded.

I felt movement below me, despite it being gentle. It felt like the wind was carrying me to bed, just like my father used to do when I was little. Then, I fell asleep.

***

When I woke up, I was in a twin bed, in a very different room from mine. I imagined I was in one of the dorms at Alfea but damn... was it messy. It was stuffed and completely covered with clothes,

Everywhere.

The closet couldn't even close. There were dresses on top of the bed, the drawers, the desk, and there was a sea of shoes on the floor. I could have sworn that with all that magic, the girl could have organized a bit but clearly she didn't. Still, it felt normal. As normal as a teenage girl's dorm could ever be, really.