Chapter 39: Another heartbreak

***Bloom's POV***

"There's something obviously wrong with you, I know it."

"There's nothing wrong with me Stella, I'm just tired."

Stella pursed her lips and rolled her eyes. She leaned against the wall and crossed her arms. "Yes, and I got a mullet cuz I felt like it," She scoffed and turned to me, "what's going on Bloom? You gotta tell me, cuz you're not escaping this one."

"Stella, I'm fine," I sighed.

"Fine, then I'm gonna figure it out. Let's see... what is different about your life?..."

I gulped and kept looking at the people scrambling down the halls. I didn't want her to know it was about Sky, no matter how much it pained me to keep it from her.

"Is it me? You're not hanging out with Sky lately... did I push too much? I know I miss my best friend, but I don't want you to do it against your will..." her voice lowered and she ducked her head.

"No! it's not you Stella, I'm happy to be hanging out with you! Let's all be happy! I'm all yours!" I exclaimed.

Stella looked at me and blinked. "Something obviously happened between you and him. But you don't want to tell me. I bet Mitzy had something to do with this because I can't stand it anymore! What did she do to you!"

"Nothing, she did nothing," I quickly retorted.

"Yes she did because you're not you anymore. She only looks to destroy your life for some reason and it looks like she succeeded because you're not you anymore," she lowered her voice to a hoarse whisper, "It's like they sucked out all of the innocence and the happiness out of you and replaced it with some adult who's always worried, always stressed, always pushing everyone away. I love you Bloom. Why can't you just let me understand you...?"

She backed away and walked with the crowds while I was left teary-eyed in the hallway. I quickly joined the crowd as well, just to divert any attention from myself, but walked the opposite way. I walked with my head low, and a tear rolled down my cheek, because I knew that what she said was completely and utterly true. I wasn't me anymore, and I hate that I hurt my friends without realizing it.

I bumped shoulders with someone, and Sky's face changed into one of sadness and worry as his gaze landed upon mine. But I shook my head, and his extending arm froze before he had the chance to ask if I was fine. It was clear I wasn't.

Mirta and Will were looking at me from the bottom of the stairs, and as soon as I saw them, I ran. I crushed Mirta in a big hug and let it all out. She quickly hugged me back and rested her head on top of mine in a comforting way. She understood what I was going through; I just needed somebody who understood. Anybody.

"Shhh, shhh baby girl... just let it all out," she kept stroking my hair, "C'mon, let's get you to a classroom."

Suddenly, we were inside an empty classroom, and Mirta locked the doors from on top of a desk. "Nobody even knows we exist, so don't worry. Tell us what happened."

"I'm a monster Mirta, I'm a monster. You heard what Stella said to me, and it's so true, Mirta. I'm a monster," I bawled.

Mirta scoffed. "What are you talking about? You're not a monster, Bloom," she replied. 

"I pushed my best friends away... I don't even know what's going on in their lives anymore... Sky actually cared for me and I forced him to stay away from me-"

Will intercepted. "Bloom, that wasn't your fault, it wa-"

"Still. I may be the guardian fairy, or the long lost princess or whatever! But it doesn't erase the fact that what Stella said was undoubtedly true. I am not me anymore, I'm not sweet, innocent, mild Bloom."

"Well, you can't really blame anyone because that was your decision to make. Nevertheless, it's not entirely your fault. You were thrust into this life too late, right when your innocence was wearing thin, and this life changes anyone who's affected. You were bound to change Bloom, it was inevitable..."

I snorted sarcastically. "Look at me, I can't stop crying. I'm such a cry baby, such a cry baby... can't really stop," I wiped a tear running down my cheek, "but what does my innocence have to do with any of this?"

Will sat on a chair, facing me. "Think about it Bloom. Knowing you're a fairy and suddenly having powers is a big deal. What better time than your childhood to figure out so? Didn't you always want to be a fairy when you were a child?"

"I guess I did..."

Mirta nodded. "That's what really helped any of us cope with that big of a change. By the time fairies reach our age, they already have everything sorted out. Their powers, their childhood, their lives..."

"That means I have to sort it out on my own then..." I muttered.

Mirta got off the desk and walked towards me. "I'm afraid so..." she put her arm around my shoulder. "But don't worry, once it's over it'll be worth it," she snapped her fingers and dark crimson fog emerged from her hand, "It's always worth it."

***

"I sense you've been having a lot of trouble with your social life lately. I can see it in your demeanor that you've been worn down."

I sat in the dirt and nodded at Daphne. "I've had problems since this all started, but it's worse now more than ever," I said as I passed my hands through my face. "I don't know how I'm gonna sort this out. I just feel so alone in all of this," I muttered.

"Then I think it's time for me to show you."

I scrunched my eyebrows together. "Show me what?"

"Here, take my hand," said Daphne as she offered me her hand. I took it and stood off the floor; five seconds later, we were soaring above the forest at many many miles per hour.

"Where are we going?" I screamed as the strong wind blew my own hair at my face.

Daphne didn't answer. Instead, she turned her body and we plummeted towards the ground, but Daphne made sure I landed on my feet.

"No way."

My jaw fell open and I couldn't believe my eyes. 

Before me were the big double gates of the Alfea college for fairies.