Mercy

(-_- ;)

Enjoy!

{ Word count : 1092 }

-----

It's the day where people let Dream out of the Prison and have some fresh air but with a chain on him so they can track him down. They still give him some glares along the way but he don't give a shit about it and just stayed away from the group.

He didn't do much, just staying out far away from the others, dragging the chain and walking wherever his feet drag him. It felt like weeks wondering around the woods and found himself on top of the hills. He sat down and look at the horizon, it was so calming, the waves going back and forth motion sparkling under the starry night, full moon above the sky.

He put his mask down at the grass and his face are now freely open to the world... He looked so dead, emerald green eyes turned to dark ones. No spark of happiness or hope in there just a void of emotions.

He start to hum some tunes under his breath.

-----

Some noticed he's gone and nowhere to be found, they inform the warden and followed the chain that lead them to the person they were looking for. They saw him sitting on top of the hill, looking up to the starry night, void with emotion just like when he got out of the prison.

They walked to him and hiding to some bush and trees so they can still observe what will he do and if there's some funny business here they will do something about it. Their breath hitched as they saw the mask lying innocently beside the person and they can see his face now.

They waited for him to do something and to their suprise he sang. His voice was full of emotions unlike what his face is.

You've got a hold of me
Don't even know your power
I stand a hundred feet
But I fall when I'm around ya

They were so entrance at this, they stayed as they listen. His voice felt like an lullaby to their ears, so soft and also sad.

"I didn't know Dream can sing"

"Me too... That bastard had some secrets with him"

They whisper to one another and continue to listen.

Show me an open door
Then you go and slam it on me
I can't take anymore
I'm saying, baby

Please have mercy on me
Take it easy on my heart
Even though you don't mean to hurt me
You keep tearing me apart
Would you please have mercy, mercy on my heart?

They were taken aback at this as he sang this line. Too much emotion were put on this one as well as the other.
They really felt the sadness and pain in his voice.

I'd drive through the night
Just to be near you, baby
Heart open, testify
Tell me that I'm not crazy

They felt their heart clenched at the last line, he really sound like begging to them, begging to them that he's a human like them but they didn't know, they really forgot that he's a human that makes mistakes like them.

I'm not asking for a lot
Just that you're honest with me
My pride is all I got
I'm saying, baby

Some felt tears pricking the side of their eyes, even though he's not looking at them but still felt like he's begging at them to say that.

Please have mercy on me
Take it easy on my heart
Even though you don't mean to hurt me
You keep tearing me apart
Would you please have mercy on me
I'm a puppet on your strings
And even though you got good intentions
I need you to set me free
Would you please have mercy, mercy on my heart?

They saw him stand up as he sang the next line, tears streaming at his face like a river and his dull eyes turned even duller but they can't see it only the stars and moon above the sky.

Consuming all the air inside my lungs
Ripping all the skin from off my bones
I'm prepared to sacrifice my life
I would gladly do it twice
Consuming all the air inside my lungs
Ripping all the skin from off my bones
I'm prepared to sacrifice my life
I would gladly do it twice

Their breath hitch, they saw him smiled softly at each every line, looking tired as if he wants to take his life then and there but can't. They saw him smiled so freely at this, so peaceful, so happy and so human....

"Dream? He's not gonna do it right?"

They just stayed silent not knowing what to answer that question, they can't answer it, afraid that it could be true or not.

Oh, please have mercy on me
Take it easy on my heart
Even though you don't mean to hurt me
You keep tearing me apart
Would you please have mercy on me?
I'm a puppet on your string
And even though you got good intentions
I need you to set me free

I'm begging you for mercy, mercy
I'm begging you, begging you, please, baby
I'm begging you for mercy, mercy
Ooh, I'm begging you, I'm begging you, yeah

His song ended as he look at the edge of the hill, dragging the chain. His voices in his heads told him to jump and he felt like complying at this.

The others saw this and panic cursing throughout their veins..

"Nononono nononono!"

"Dr-dream?"

"Don't tell me..."

They run to him but they're late...

It's already too late to save him when they stop acknowledging him as a human, the same species as them. They labelled him as a tyrant, a monster, a villain and a bad guy on their story.

He jumped and they heard a sickening crack and they knew he's not coming back.

They should be celebrating that the tyrant was defeated why do they feel like this?

Why are they not happy at all!?

Isn't this what they wanted?

Is it really?

They ask themselves...

Is Dream only the one doing all the things that happened here?

Was he the only Villain here?

Is he a human when he wears that mask?

They didn't know anymore....

Is this really the path that they all wanted in the first place.... They want this, didn't they? They want the man gone....

Are they really the good guys here?

----

Saw this on AO3 and decided to do one too but with my original twist and other things.

Angst go brrr...

I can't write good angst...

I know that no one cried at this one, just cringe. I mean this is the first time I wrote a full angst in one chapter...