Why?

«-- _--»

Enjoy!

[ Word count : 1227 ]

-------

At the prison called Pandora Box, so inhumane that it could drive someone insane and leading them to suicidal thoughts.

Some of the people that live on the world of the SMP, visiting someone inside the prison, an old villain of their story try to ask him....

"Why Dream?" A cold voice ask him with venom.

"huh?"

"why'd you do all of this?" They ask him like he did all of the bad things happened, like they didn't even do one single thing in it.

"what do you mean?"

"Are you serious!? What happened to you? why did you became like this?"

Now that made him snap. A single question, cut his strings of hope or sanity. A wall he build to protect him and his emotions to spill, torn like a paper just like that.

"Like this! You all did this to me!" He laugh hysterically at them, sitting on the obsidian floor with his mask on. Looking at them with his lifeless smiling mask, glancing at their confused and accused expression and that just made him smirk underneath his mask wider.

"what?....."

"You all want me to be a villain! A tyrant, monster, scapegoat. Didn't you all wanted this.... I gave you all what you want, so why bother question me when you all are the answer" They didn't answer, only stared at the man? In disbelief. Some readying there sword for something will happen.

"You all didn't even bother to ask if I'm alright.... I'm sure someone here didn't even ask like "how's Dream?" "Are you alright?"... I'm sure someone know what it feels like that but not enough to know how I feel"

That hit them like a charge up creeper explode right infront of them.

When was the last time they ask him that? When was the last time they check on him to make sure he's alright?
When was it?

"Why would we even bother to ask a villain like you!" They tried to deny the truth, digging down to make them appear that they're right.

"I didn't want to be a villain here, this is my world, my home, all I want is a family, peace, a place to escape all the stress outside this world!" His voice broke, a man sounded so lost that they didn't even recognize him, only for his mask on his face.

"Y-you all made me like this.... You all de-destroyed my world, bringing conflict to yourselves, now y-you all ask me why?"

This man infront of them, a confident leader that always one step ahead and never show weakness in the face of his enemy, broke down.

"I'm just always a villain right?" Good thing they didn't make him put his mask at the hole or his other secret would be shown to the world. "A villain in your hero story, a villain to defeat to make you all feel special while this tyrant will suffer with no one by his side"

"Duckli-" Puffy tried to call for him but she's cut off by him talking at them again.

"You all ready said it Puffy, I'm not your duckling anymore" He replied with no emotion, like he shut his emotions off after his break down not a minute ago. "I also heard that you adopted another child, who was it again...... Foolish? Is that his name... A totem hybrid child, adopted by you after you announced me that I'm not your duckling anymore right?" He just didn't care anymore.

Puffy tried to open her mouth to say something but she knew he's right, all of what he said was all true. So she just let her tears run freely at her face and face in the other direction, so she doesn't see his figure and broke down. A hug made their way to her small structure and pull her to an embrace.

"It's okay Puffy, it's not your fault okay.... You just did what you only know what's best" Eret tried to reassure her Key word: Tried. That just made her cried harder. What's best for her is to protect and love her child and what did she do? She sent him here to rot.

What kind of a mother is she?

"What did you do!? You manipulative bastard!" There it is, blaming him again. They only see the world black and white, they all thought they are in the white side and him on the black side but they didn't know that he live in a different shade of grey.

"Don't say that in such a tone, as if you are so innocent here" He replied coldly and a little teasing tone, he smiled at the man who's expression just grew a little sour after he said that. "We both know that you're like that person you follow everywhere, now your blending in to make yourself innocent by blaming again. You even manipulate someone here and tried to kill someone just because he decorate the old L'manberg the way you didn't like....

Isn't that right or I'm missing some?"

The man face twisted in anger, they glared dagger at him but he just let him and smiled underneath the porcelain mask.

"Just stop Dream, we already won! Stop trying to manipulate us again!"

"Truth Hurts"

He already know that from the start. He already accept what truth beneath all the lies... Even if it hurts him.... He even made a quote that only made out of few words but have a big meaning.

A Happy Smile
A Perfect Life
A Piece of Truth
Beneath this Lie

A small quote like that, tell all his story from the start where all of this happen.

A Happy Smile - His smiley mask that cover his pained smile and his tears from the whole world.

A Perfect Life - He always act like his life was happy and out going, never had a piece of spice. An trauma he had after all of this happened and just fine, but he's the most traumatized here.

A Piece of Truth - He had done anything just to make them realize everything but just the two simple words "Truth Hurts" they always thought it was a lie.

Beneath this Lie - when he lies they always take them as it was the truth, the way he said he never cared for them, it was only a lie to make him look tough, they never saw what's the real word beneath it, who's he really is beneath all that persona he put.

-----

A monster they created from one innocent soul that only want peace and family. They didn't even notice it and when they do...

So why?

Why did they only punished that person, when all of them had done the same things?

Why did they abandoned this person when they needed them the most?

Why they didn't ask them, what're the reasons? How are they? Did they really want this to happened?

Is it because they are all have a children by their side that they all force to go on a war? They all make this excuse that "He's a child!" "They're all children, they all make mistakes"...... Yes, some of them are children..... But what's the difference if they do all the mistakes intentionally, the same mistakes over and over again......

I'm going to ask this again....

Why?

-------

A/N: Had this one in my Draft for a week or a month now and I only decided to publish this now.