Bravery

Confidence was an issue I never had to worry about before. I used to be confident, in my own right, and one of the main reasons for that was Elliot. He used to give me the confidence I lacked and always built me back up when I was feeling low.

He wiped every tear, he replaced my sobs with laughter, he turned my frown upside down, he brought back the twinkle in my eye when it started to dim. He was always there, helping me when I felt low.

After he left me, my confidence plummeted like someone sky diving without the parachute. I fell and with no parachute, with no Elliot, I smacked the ground with brute force, shattering it once and for all.

London has got to be, arguably, one of my favourite places that I've ever visited -it's not like I've visited a lot either.

We had spent the last two days in London, sight seeing and exploring every part of the capital city that we could: London eye, Trafalgar Square, Camden Market, Buckingham Palace, Hyde Park, London Bridge.

I was in awe, the beauty of London astounded me. Everywhere we went was different, some majestic and beautiful, some historical and some quirky and hipster.

Skyscrapers that resembled giants, glass buildings reflecting the low sun, sending streams of orange, red, purple and yellow across the sky. The River Thames curved and meandered through the man-made forest made of glass and brick, wide and deep, flowing confidently as swans, ducks and boats floated atop peacefully, the firetruck red buses, chatter, sirens, barking, daily hustling, traffic light beeping disrupting them.

The whole city was a mass of people in a hurry, hustling and bustling with their everyday lives, scrummaging like rats among the streets of the most populated city in England. It was everyone for themselves, a non violent version of the Hunger Games; business men and women not caring who they push or shove.

It was beautiful.

The late winter breeze kissed my cheeks, caressing them with it's numbing touch. Clouds decorated the sky like puffs, fluffy and yellow from the colours painted across the setting sky. The wind blew through the lifeless trees, then ruffling in agitation from being awoken by their slumber, their skeletal branches shaking and creaking.

"How much further?" I mumble, pulling my long sleeves over my hands to stop the evening bitter wind blasting me and causing my fingers to be amputated.

The sun had retired and darkness started descending on the city, chasing away any remaining light that tried to remain.

"Not long.... we're here." He grins down at me. Pressing his hand to the small of my back, he guided us through the black doors of the dark building on the corner of a street.

A slither of fear races down my spine, a shiver following as I look down the dark street, not a lamppost in sight to brighten the shadows. My fear melts away, shock and awe washing it away as we step in to the dark room, LED lights bright along the walls, tables decorating the floor and a large stage where a couple were singing.

A karaoke bar.

"We're watching karaoke?" I glance up at him in confusion, watching the couple sing loudly and off key but laughing nonetheless.

They looked happy.

"No... well yes I guess we are but we're not just watching." His answer made my eyes widen.

"You-You want me to sing?" I stutter, my heart pounding.

Grinning, he wiggles his eyebrows and normally I would have tried to suppress my smile but all I could think about was the crowd of men and women staring up at the stage where Jackson wanted me to be.