Chapter 6

-Feyre's POV-

Megan collapsed and I caught her, cradling her to me.

"She'll be ok Feyre, she just passed out from everything happening to her at once." Rhys reassured as I looked up at him.

I lifted her into my arms and held her close as we both winnowed to the manor. I went and set her on a spare bed before going back downstairs to Mor and Rhys.

"What happened?" Mor was asking.

"Way too much," I sighed, plucking the mostly full wine glass out of her hand, and downing it.

"Hey!" She exclaimed, but Rhys silenced her with a look.

She poured herself a second glass and sat in the living room with us, obviously waiting for answers.

"What did she mutter to herself?" I asked Rhys, I hadn't been able to catch it, but from the way he stiffened as she talked, I knew he had.

"Devil who will stab you in the back. Demon who will do anything for her." He replied quietly.

"She meant us, didn't she?" I asked.

"I guess so, but I think that was what Tamlin has drilled into her, she said she couldn't get him to leave her be, I think she means in her mind, his voice won't leave her alone." He explained softly.

"What does any of this have to do with Tamlin, and a girl, as in the one that tried to kill Nyx?" Mor asked.

"Her name is Megan, she's sixteen and Tamlin's daughter. She didn't really want to kill him, she only did it because her father ordered her to. Now he wants her dead for failing and she is terrified of us because of the stories he told her." I explained with a sigh.

"So, what are you going to do?" Mor pressed.

"She is currently in one of the spare rooms asleep after passing out from all of the stress. Her mental state is fragile, and she bounces from being terrified of us to looking like she would quite happily kill everything, but I think that might have something to do with Tamlin." I told her, she nodded.

"I think he brain washed her, meaning that certain triggers will cause her to turn into a killer who wants this family dead, we just have to avoid those at all costs and train her mind back so she can think for herself." Rhys said, rubbing at his temples.

"Oh, and the other thing you should probably know about her, she is friends with the wind, it calms her down and brought her gifts, they can also seem to communicate in some way." I added.

"Basically, we are back to dealing with crazy shit?" Mor asked, crossing her arms.

"Indeed, we are." Rhys sighed.

"What is with the gale outside!" Cassian exclaimed as he burst in only seconds later.

"Why do you mean?" We all asked in unison.

"I mean, there is a gale blowing around the entire manor, just the manor though, everywhere else is calm." He said, crossing his arms.

I stood as I realised what was happening and ran up to the room, I had put Megan in. I opened the door to see her arching her back in phantom pain with the wind banging at the window.

I ran to it and let it in, it swirling around me once before going to her.

"No, stop what are you doing?" She muttered in her sleep.

The wind surrounded her body, covering her like a blanket and she relaxed a little more with each passing second. She was soon relaxed, and her breaths were back to being even and calm.