Chapter 8

I had to follow them at a slight distance due to the bubble, but it did shrink once we were outside. We all sat in the grass in a patch of sun, looking over the garden.

"Is Nyx the reason the wind thought you were in danger?" Feyre asked.

"Actually, the wind was only partially doing it because it thought I was going to break myself, the reason it did it mostly was to take my powers away so I didn't lose control, though I do have control over the majority of what I can do, no one ever bothered to teach me properly, so if my emotions run high, I can accidentally lose it." I explained quietly.

"So, it was protecting us as well?" Mor asked, I just nodded.

"In that case, we should work on your control, you are obviously powerful, more so than your father, and you need to know how to control it all, Rhys knows what it is like, I'm sure he would be willing to help you." Feyre said, smiling at me.

"I don't want to be a pain, you are already letting me stay here, I can't ask for anything else, not after what I did." I said, looking at my lap.

"Megan, what you did has been forgiven, it wasn't you on that mountain side, it was the person your father tricked you into being, but at the end of the day, you spared him, and I will always be thankful for that. You weren't raised in the way you deserved, and it is partly my fault, so please let me help you." Feyre said, I looked up at her.

"None of it was your fault, it was all him, after he... never mind, but what I am trying to say is that the only reason I was raised that way is because of his own twisted mind." I said, stopping myself before I told them the secret I had been keeping for over a decade.

"So, what can you do?" Mor asked, changing the subject.

"Can I show them?" I asked the barrier, it dissipated, and I felt my powers rush back to me.

I made a mini tornado in the palm of my hand and smiled at the feeling of pressure dim. I snuffed the tornado out and wondered how I could showcase what I could do properly.

I knelt in the grass and closed my eyes, focusing on every particle of air in the surrounding area. I mapped out everything it was touching and how the wind could manipulate it.

I twisted Feyre's unbound hair into a messy bun while I braided Mor's with small flowers. Once I had done that I stood, eyes still closed, and walked towards a towering oak. I had the air solidify around my feet and lift me into the air, making me float up through the branches.

I walked around above their heads; glad I wasn't wearing a skirt. I opened my eyes and grinned at the sky; glad I could do this without having to run miles away from the manor.

"Megan, come down!" Feyre called and I looked down before jumping.

Mor let out a scream, but I just laughed, the wind cushioning my fall.

"I thought I was about to watch you kill yourself, never do that again!" She scolded; I rolled my eyes.

"I was perfectly safe, besides, who doesn't love an adrenaline rush?" I asked with a wink, I was very quickly growing to like the female, she was the person I always wished I could be.

"Rhys just watched what you did, and he says he now likes you more." Feyre told me, I blushed majorly.

"I need to apologise to Nyx, explain what happened, and tell him that I will go if he doesn't want me around." I sighed.

"Nyx is going back to the steeps at some point, he isn't around much now, so don't worry about getting his approval to stay, but if you feel like you need to, why don't you both go to the library and talk together?" Feyre suggested.