Chapter 16

"You gave me a crown?" I whispered to him as we were lead through Autumn's castle, half a question, half a statement.

"How else was I going to show your father you were a part of your court?" He replied with a wink.

"They are all here already, we are last, keep your head high and don't let him see anything other than what you want." Rhys told me, I nodded once before the doors opened.

The five of us walked in and I scanned the room, the Night Court was way nicer than this place I decided before my eyes landed on the High Lords. My father was fuming, the anger on his face nearly enough to make me ask Nyx to take me back, but when I felt his hand on the small of my back, I gained a little more confidence.

He led me to a chair, and we sat, I never took my eyes off my father, half scared he would attack, half to show him that I wasn't going to show him fear. His claws were out, one hand dug into the arm of the chair with the other slowly gouging holes from the other arm.

"It would seem you have a new addition to your court Rhysand, one that Tamlin knows as well, how curious." One of the High Lords drawled.

'Helion,' Nyx whispered in my mind.

"I'm his daughter, so he should know me High Lord," I replied, leaning into Nyx's touch a little more.

"What is your name child?" Another High Lord questioned.

"Megan, Lord." I told him.

'That's Thesan.' Nyx informed me.

"And why is the daughter of Spring with Night?" Helion asked.

"That is for Megan to answer if she wishes, if not then I suggest we get into the topic of this meeting." Feyre cut in.

"It's ok, I'll tell them." I said to her, and she slightly dipped her chin at me.

"Alright, remember what I said earlier though." She said, I nodded before looking around the circle once.

"I'm not too sure where to start. I guess the best place would be the very beginning. I am a product of the Great Rite, though my father married my mother as soon as he found out she was pregnant so I wouldn't be a bastard, just in case I was male. When I was six, she was, um, she died and I was raised by my father alone, he trained me to be an assassin, made sure I stayed secret all while brain washing me. Just after my power had awoken fully, he sent me to Night to kill Nyx. I obviously didn't kill him; I couldn't make myself. Rhys caught me and sent me to the Hewn City. We spoke together with Feyre after he realised something didn't seem right about what I tried to do, then when my father came to get me, he refused to give me back because my father wanted to kill me. They both decided to take me in and have kept me safe since then." I explained, nearly slipping my secret again.

Nyx gently pressed a kiss to the side of my head and took my hand in his. My father had gone red, and the arm of his chair was practically non-existent.

"And if you somehow hadn't guessed, they are mates." Feyre finished, earning a slight glare from the both of us.

Tamlin let out a low growl, causing all eyes to snap to him.

"You should be dead, a sword though your heart Megan, that was always your fate." He snarled, causing the whole Night Court to stiffen, though only I knew just what those words meant.

"No," I breathed.

"That's enough Tamlin." Feyre hissed.

His words had done exactly what they set out to though, tears had welled up and were slowly sliding down my cheeks, nothing would save me from my own memories, not when he was involved.

"Hey love, it's ok, want to go?" Nyx asked me gently, wiping away the tears on my cheeks as Tamlin smirked at me, knowing exactly what his words had done.

"No, I'm fine, because I'm done with him controlling me, he can say things like that all he wants, but it's not going to work anymore, I refuse to let it." I growled, clenching my hands into fists in my lap and the wind picked up around me, pulling gently at the loose strands of hair.

It left me and went to him, pulling the chair out from under him, causing him to fall to the floor. He sat up in an utter rage, but the wind kept him from getting any closer to me.

"I'm done Tamlin, I'm done with you controlling me, I'm done with you taking everything I love away from me, you are not my father, you just happen to be the male who sired me, you never loved me, or cared for me, the guards did that for you and I refuse to let your words hurt me any longer." I was angry, no I was beyond angry, I was fuming.

The wind felt my rage and adjusted accordingly, swirling around the room, cold and harsh, no one was safe from it, not even me.

"Alright love, you've made your point, come and sit." Nyx murmured to me, appearing at my side.

I hadn't even realised I was stood but when I looked around, I saw that I was, I was almost in the middle of the circle.

I allowed Nyx to lead me back over to our seats and tuck me tightly to his side. As I calmed, so did the wind until it was just surrounding the two of us as a warm, gentle breeze.

I relaxed into his hold, not taking my eyes off Tamlin as I did so, he deserved to be alone.

"What in the mother's name just happened?" A male with dark skin and white hair asked, I knew that must be Tarquin.

"I thought it was pretty obvious Tarquin, Megan just disowned Tamlin, rather dramatically I might add, and it would seem that the wind approved of her decision," Rhys replied, smirking at me.

"The wind?" Helion asked.

"Contrary to popular belief, the wind is its own sentient being with thoughts and emotions, it likes me, and I can hear its voice, it generally does as I ask, though it is also influenced by my emotions, it's a complicated relationship." I explained quietly.

"If the wind talks to you, nothing can be kept a secret." Thesan breathed.

"Not quite, it doesn't work as one massive entity, it's more like a hive mind, it can work as a collective body, for example, it brought me my things from Spring but when it comes to talking, only the things being said around me would be reported, I'm no more spy like than a shadow singer, sorry Azriel." I explained.

"So, if I said something in my Court, it wouldn't get back to you through the wind?" Thesan asked.

"No, unless you specifically asked for it too, in which case, it would put in the effort to let me know." I replied.

"So, in theory, we could use you to pass messages to the Night Court's inner circle?" Tarquin asked.

"You don't get to use her for anything," Nyx growled.

"That isn't what he meant Nyx, it's ok, and I suggest only doing so if it's an emergency, but yes, if necessary, I could relay short messages to Feyre and Rhys" I explained.

"Right, let's stop interrogating poor Megan and move on to the topic of today's meeting, Beron, why did you call us here?" Rhys cut in, I shot him a grateful look.

"Over the last two days there have been massive magical fires, I know it isn't happening in my court, so I would like to ask you all to find out who is doing it and punish them." Beron said, being uncharacteristically nice.

"The fires weren't in a court." I told him.

"And how would you know?" He sneered.

"I can feel it too, when a fire burns, it burns the air as well as, in this case, the wood of the forest, because the wind can feel it, if the fire is big enough, I can feel it too. I've been sending my magic to put the fires out. They are across the sea, but I'm not sure if it is in Hybern of the continent." I explained.

"No wonder you are mated to Nyx, the sheer amount of power that would take is more than most of us High Lords, with the exception of Rhysand, Kallias and maybe me." Helion breathed.

I stared at him in stunned silence.

"There's another-" Beron began but a fire roared to life within me, and I screamed.