Chapter 14

-Megan's POV-

Nyx's ability to calm me down was uncanny, and now I was going to this stupid meeting, and I had to find a dress that would knock everyone off their feet.

"Got anything in mind?" Feyre asked.

"Nyx told me I had to make my father pissed, but I would like to go more elegant for the first time everyone meets me, I can piss my father off next time, if there even is a next time." I explained.

"Elegant it is, I know just the place," Mor declared, grabbing my hand, and pulling me down the streets.

She stopped inf front of a dress shop along the Sidra and we began looking through gowns. Mor and Feyre both picked out two or three, sending them to a changing room but I found one and fell in love. It was a long black gown with soft layers of sheer fabric on top of a black under layer. The bodice didn't expose me at all, which I didn't want this time and had beautiful lace detailing. The back was completely covered, along with my scars which I definitely wasn't comfortable with showing anytime soon. The other thing I liked were the sheer elbow length sleeves that also included lace detailing, it made sure my scars on my shoulders were covered as well. I could do nothing about my scar flecked hands and arms, but I hoped that would be classed as relatively normal. 

"Megan

"Megan." Feyre called.

"Yes?" I replied, walking over.

"Did you find something you like?" She asked, smiling as she spied the dress in my arms.

"Yes, it's more conservative than what I saw you both pick, but I've never shown my body and I'd like to start of slowly, especially when it comes to my scars, just wearing a dress is daunting enough." I explained quietly.

"It's better for you to be comfortable, it will make your more confident. We only picked things because of what we think would look good on you, but they're no good of they make you uncomfortable." Mor told me, I nodded, looking down.

"Now I don't know about you, but I would like to see you in this dress." Feyre said, grinning.

I went into a changing room and slipped the dress on, smiling at my reflection before going to show the other two.

"It's stunning, you and I will fall out if you don't get that dress!" Mor declared, making me laugh.

"I'd say we found your dress," Feyre chuckled, I nodded before going to change back.

On the walk home I realised I had no clue when this meeting actually was, or where.

"Um, Feyre, when and where is this meeting actually happening?" I asked.

"It's in Autumn on Beron's request, as for when, it's tomorrow," she told me, wincing slightly.

I kept in my groan; I could totally put together a mask in a few hours. Not.

"Hey, you don't have to come." She reassured, obviously noting my look.

"I do, he wins if I let myself hide from him." I hissed, clenching my hands into fists.

"If you need to leave at any point Nyx will bring you home, no questions asked, no hesitation, alright?" She asked, I just nodded.

When we got back, Rhys declared that an early dinner then an early night was required in preparation for tomorrow. The usual noise was gone tonight around the table, no one made a single joke or funny comment, everyone seemingly thinking over tomorrow.

Once Rhys had declared the rather depressing dinner over, Nyx took my arm and walked me up to my room.

"You know it's going to be ok, right?" He whispered to me outside the door.

"I want to believe you, I really do Nyx, but I can't help but feel like all of this is going to go wrong," I whispered back.

"You're safe with us, with me, you know that." He reassured.

"I'm not, I'm never safe, I don't know if I can do this, what if he somehow manages to change my mind back and I try and kill you, what if I succeed," I went to carry on, but Nyx cut me off.

"Hey, take a breath for me." He said and I did as he asked.

"I don't want to hurt you, any of you," I whispered, looking down.

"You won't, I believe that you won't, and remember, you don't have to go, you can back out at any time, even if you get to Autumn then decide you can't go in, I'll bring you back, no questions." He reassured.

"Ok, I can do this," I breathed, closing my eyes.

A gentle kiss was pressed to the top of my head and a sharp pull followed in my middle, like a string tied to my rib. I couldn't stop myself for stumbling back a couple of steps in surprise, Nyx's own eyes were wide, and I knew he felt it too.

"We're," he began.

"Mates," I finished.

We just stared at each other for a while, both unsure of what to do would he even want me as a mate?

"Nyx, I don't, I mean, if you don't want to, I understand, I'm a mess, I don't really have anything to offer you." He pressed a finger to my lips to stop me talking.

"Megan, I think I've been falling for you since I watched to walk through Velaris for the first time, of course I want this, but if you aren't ready, then that's ok, you're only sixteen, we can wait." He told me, taking my hands.

"You really want to accept me?" I whispered.

"I do if you do too." He replied.

"I um, can we start slow, I've never had any relationships before, I think I need to learn how this all works," I admitted.

"We can go as slowly as you like love," he said, smiling.

"Ok, I should go to bed, I need at least some sleep for tomorrow." I said after we had just stared at each other for a while.

"Ok love, see you in the morning." He whispered, kissing the top of my head again before I closed my door.

I tumbled into bed and fell asleep in record time, and for the first night in a long time, I didn't have a single nightmare.