Chapter 13

-Nyx's POV-

Megan had fallen to the ground screaming. I dropped in front of her and tried to get her to look at me, to breathe, but she fell limp.

I carefully lifted her into my arms and half ran inside.

"Mum, help!" I called out, sinking to the floor in the foyer.

"What happened?" Dad asked as he and mum rushed down the stairs.

"I- I don't know, we just got back when she fell to the ground screaming, then she passed out." I said in a rush.

"Take a breath." Mum told me gently, placing a hand on my shoulder.

"She's using large amounts of magic again; I think there was another fire." Dad said from where he was crouched in front of me.

"There was," Megan muttered from against my chest.

"Is it out?" I asked her gently, running my thumb over her shoulder.

"Yes," she breathed.

"Sleep, we can talk when you wake." Mum told her and she obeyed, closing her eyes, and falling limp one more.

I wordlessly stood and took her up to her room, laying her on her bed before I went to talk to my parents, to see if they had any idea what to do.

Aunt Mor and Uncle Az were both sat there as well, all of them silent.

"Why can she only now feel the fires?" Mor asked.

"Maybe because they are bigger than any, she has delt with in the past, she told us this morning that it was the forest on fire." Mum said.

"But-" I began but Aunt Amren burst in.

"What in the rutting hell has been going on here?" She half snarled at us all.

I flinched as I realised no one had told her about any of this, that was on my parents though.

"Tamlin's daughter tried to kill Nyx because he brainwashed her, when she failed, he cast her out, we took her in, there have apparently been massive forest fires that she can somehow feel, and she is friends with the wind." My mother summed up.

"And none of you thought it would be a good idea to tell me any of this?" Amren asked, smiling viciously.

"We've been a bit busy dealing with a traumatised and hurting girl." My dad cut in.

"Whatever, what is going in in here?" She asked, sitting in her usual armchair.

"We were talking about how strange it was for two large fires to start two days in a row, I'm not the only one that thinks that is a coincidence surely." I said.

"Are you suggesting someone is setting the fires?" Mor asked.

"It makes sense, I just don't know who or why." I replied.

"My father would." Megan's voice said from behind me.

I stood and walked around the sofa, taking her in, she looked ok, just tired. She looked at the floor, I hated how submissive she was all the time.

"You, ok?" I asked her softly, hooking my finger under her chin to get her to look at me.

"Yeah, just sore." She replied.

I took her arm and led her to the sofa, sitting her next to me and putting my arm around her shoulders.

"Megan, this is Amren, she's our second." Mum told her.

"Hi," she said to the female who dipped her chin.

"You think your father is doing this?" Dad asked her.