Chapter 7

-Rhysand's POV-

I dove into her mind now that her shields were open for me, ignoring the rather literal safe she had created and looking though what she had left, starting with the earliest memory.

***

"Come my little Rosebud," a female who looked almost identical to Megan said, holding her hand out towards a four year old Megan.

They walked through the gardens of the manor together, hand in hand.

"Mama, why was daddy shouting yesterday?" Megan asked her mother.

"Nothing that is important baby girl, now, I would like to show you one of my favourite things to do." She replied, leading Megan to a field of wildflowers.

They sat in the grass together and Megan's mother picked a small purple flower. A book appearing in her lap.

"This is called a crocus, it grows in spring mostly, but autumn has a couple as well. If we press this flower than it will live forever." Her mother explained softly.

"How?" Megan asked curiously.

"This book is enchanted to keep all of the flowers inside fresh forever. This one is mine, and as you can see, it is quite full, now this is yours." She said as a second book appeared in her hands, and she handed it to the little girl.

"It's empty," Megan said, sounding disappointed.

"That's because you need to fill it with flowers of your own Rosebud." Her mother laughed.

***

She was missing all of her memories from the next two years, with a couple exceptions of times with her mother, her next memory was when she was six.

***

"Megan!" Tamlin yelled through the manor, and the six year old ran towards her father.

"Here dada." She panted once she reached him.

"A seer told me your destiny; we must begin our work." He said, looking down with no kindness on his face.

"What is a destiny?" She asked him innocently.

"The meaning of your life, the reason you were born." Tamlin explained, sounding irritated.

"What's mine?" She asked eagerly.

"I have a story to tell you, come." He replied, leading her to a sitting room.

"Can I have a snack?" She asked as they walked.

"After the story, now, there was once a beautiful girl who I fell in love with, she was kind and brave, I loved her dearly, her name is Feyre. There was once a time I wasn't there for her, and she made a bargain with the High Lord of Night, Rhysand, so she had to spend a week every month with him. I tried to get her out of it, but there was nothing I could do. Then one day, he didn't return her. He is a daementi and he took her mind, made her believe she loved him and that they were mates. I took a big risk and made a deal with the King of Hybern to get her back in exchange for access to my lands. But I was going to gather information on them to help Prythian win the upcoming war. I got Feyre back and made sure she was safe here. She then stabbed me in the back, ripping my entire court down to its knees and letting Hybern take over. She went back to Rhysand, leaving me to pick up the pieces. They have a son together, two years your elder, I was told your destiny was to take him out to get revenge for our court." He told her.