TWENTY-TWO

Hey guys! Sorry, this one's a bit short, but I'm kinda scraping for ideas so it's the best I've got. Also, I went into the DEPTHS to find that picture of JJ so enjoy.

Oh, also, sorry for the time skips. There'll probably be another one next chapter.

Christmas. It came so quickly, and I wasn't ready for the chorus of shouts and laughter coming from downstairs so early in the morning.

They were literal children.

I yawned, climbing out of bed and stretching before making my way downstairs.

I noticed they were recording a Secret Santa video in the middle of the living room, so I padded my way into the kitchen so I didn't disturb them. I poured myself some coffee that Josh made and took a long, deep breath in.

Freya bounded over to me and squeezed me in a hug as I set my coffee on the counter.

"Hey," She smiled at me. "How have you been?"

"Great," I grinned. "I think for once in his life, JJ's been nothing but an angel. For now."

She giggled. "It's a miracle that he's like this, that's for sure."

I nodded, looking over and into the living room as they recorded their video. They were all laughing at Simon, who for some reason had on a gimp mask, and JJ beamed at me when he met my eyes.

I wasn't sure how I'd gotten so lucky.

But something told me it wouldn't last. Something deep inside me felt that something was coming, and it wasn't going to be pretty. So I'd started to tiptoe around JJ, only speaking when spoken to and trying not to upset him like I used to. I didn't want things to blow up and end.

Every night since he got Neo and Morpheus, we'd sit in his room and watch movies. He noticed I'd been quieter than normal, and tried to make conversation with me when he could.

But I still couldn't shake the horrible feeling in my gut.

When they finished recording their video, JJ bounded over to me, a large smile on his face.

"Well good morning," He took my hands in his. "How's your Christmas so far?"

I giggled. "I just woke up, JJ."

"I have absolutely no plans," He chuckled. "Just like you asked."

"Awe," I put a hand on my chest and teased him. "You shouldn't have, Jiddle. It's too much."

"I know, I know, very exciting," He nodded at Freya before dragging me out of the kitchen. "Well...I do have one plan. But that's for later tonight."

He smirked down at me and I blushed, looking away from him in embarrassment. "It's too early for this."

He grinned. "Just wait and see."

*****

So I waited, and I saw. His 'plans' were not at all what I was imagining.

That whole day had been pretty mellow. They recorded more Christmas videos for their channels, and Freya, Talia, and I all spent the whole time talking about them.

Eventually, I migrated up to my room and read. It was a normal day for me.

But then there was a knock on my door.

I stood from my bed and made my way over, opening it and being met with Vik. In a suit.

"Madame," He offered his hand out to me, and I raised an eyebrow.