3. Memory

Recovery lady had to take Shoto to the recovery room.

"Wow that was some serious strength" a guy with yellow and black hair said. "I'm Denki by the way" he said and held his hand out. "Y/n" I said and sat down. "You know you lost your match right, go sit with the losers" I said. He looked at me surprised. "I-I was just complimenting you" he said and scratched the back of his neck. "I don't need compliments from a UA student" I said. "Oh so that's what this is about" he said and laughed. I got up and grabbed him by the hem of his shirt. "Listen here you-" I started but the teacher interfered.

"What is going on here, you're starting to act like Bakugo" he said. "WHAT'S THAT SUPPOSED TO MEAN?" we heard bakugo yell from a distance. I let go of Denki and sat down on my seat again. "I was just complimenting you damn" he said before walking away. I didn't want to sit here any longer and look at these stupid UA people.

When I got accepted into UC, I knew there would be some UA students but I didn't think my entire class would consist out of them.

I got up to go the bathroom. On my way back I hesitated whether I should go back or check on Shoto. For some reason I felt guilty for injuring him. But then again, it was a battle and I fairly won.

I decided to visit the recovery room. Recovery lady let me inside. "He's doing fine" she said. "Glad to hear" I smiled at her. "You can sit here if you want and wait for him to wake up. It won't take long before he regains consciousness" she said. "Oh that would be nice" I said and sat down on a chair next to his bed.

Recovery lady left the room and I was left alone with him. He looked kinda peaceful like this. Ever since the moment I saw him he has looked stressed or bothered by something. I was so caught up in my thoughts that I didn't notice him waking up.

He blinked a few times and looked at the ceiling. "How are you feeling?" I asked shyly. Why was I getting nervous all of a sudden. He turned to look at me. He stayed silent for a bit.

"What did you do to me?" he finally asked. "I used my quirk" I said. "I couldn't move" he said. "As if I wasn't in control of my own body anymore" he added. "Mind manipulation" I stated. "In easy terms, I can control other people's minds and actions" I said. He looked at me surprised.

"That's such a strong quirk" he said. "It's alright I guess" I said and crossed my arms. "I gotta go now" I said and got up.

"Wait" he said.

I turned around and looked at him. "I never caught your name" he said. "You literally heard it when we fought against each other and you saw my name on the board" I said. He looked at me confused.

"Do you not remember-" I started but then it hit me.

This isn't good. It looks like I didn't use my quirk properly when I deactivated it. He seems to have lost a part of his memory.

I sat down again. "Can you tell me what you remember?" I asked. He started telling me everything from the beginning of the match to him blanking out. It seemed like he didn't remember anything that happened right before the match.

This was weird. It never happened to me that I was actually able to erase someone's memories. I can only control whatever goes on in their mind and twist and change things for a bit but I cannot erase anything.

"Is something wrong?" he asked.

"No everything is fine" I smiled. "Make sure you rest well" I said before getting up and leaving.