10. A day to remember

Todoroki's P.O.V
After staying with my mom for a while, it was time for me to leave. I hugged her once more and she grabbed my arm. "Don't be afraid to be yourself Shoto. You are an amazing, strong, and brave person. I am so blessed to have a son like you" she smiled at me. I held my tears back. I wished she could come home with me.

"Thank you mom, I love you" I said. A tear escaped my eye. She wiped it away and held my face. "I love you too" she said and ran her hand through my hair. "Take care of yourself ok?" she said. I nodded.

I said goodbye before leaving and closing the door behind me. I looked around and didn't see y/n. I decided to go to the first floor.

Indeed she was waiting for me in front of the service desk. "Hey" she smiled at me. "Hey" I said and walked up to her.

Your P.O.V
His eyes looked a little red. It was clear that he had been crying. I put an arm around his neck and grinned. "What are you-" he started but I cut him off. "It's such nice weather outside, how about I treat us to some ice cream" I grinned at him. He got a little flustered as we walked outside.

"What's your favorite ice cream flavor?" I asked. "Plain vanilla" he said. "Boring" I teased. He laughed. "I'm kidding, honestly I love all flavors" I said. We made our way to an ice cream shop and I ordered our ice cream. I handed him his cone and smiled at him.

Why was I trying so hard to make him happy. It's not my responsibility, but for some reason, seeing him happy made me happy too.

"Thank you" he said as we walked outside. "It was just a couple of bucks it doesn't really-" I started but he cut me off. "No, thank you for taking me to my mother" he said. I smiled at him. "No worries" I said and ruffled his hair. He looked at me surprised. I just laughed as I ate my ice cream.

"You bite your ice cream??" I exclaimed. He laughed. "Yeah what about it?" he asked. "Don't your teeth feel all you know... cold. I just get shivers thinking about it" I said. He looked at me with an "are you serious" face. He held his right hand up and made a little ice block in his hand. "I literally have an ice quirk" he said.

I felt my cheeks heat up out of embarrassment. I felt so stupid for not realising that. "Im so stupid" I laughed. "No you're not" he said and looked at me. "You know when I first met you, I thought you were interesting" he said.

Interesting? Me?

"What do you mean?" I asked. "You seemed a bit nervous and shy, yet you had such a big attitude" he said. I felt myself blush. "I have a double personality I guess" I said. "No I think you're more comfortable around some people and less with others" he said.

How could he read me so well? "Do you have a mind reading quirk?" I joked. We both laughed and finished our ice cream.

"Where should we go?" he asked. "Won't your dad question your whereabouts?" I asked. "Nah the old man is too busy saving the world" he said.

"You can come to my-" I started but stopped. Come on y/n you can't just invite a guy over to your apartment.

"Your what?" he asked. "Nothing" I quickly said. He looked at me a little confused. "Forget about it, um what do you like to do in your free time?" I asked.

"Free time.." he said.

Todoroki's P.O.V

What do I like to do in my free time? That's a good question. I don't remember the last time that I did something for fun. I've always been doing everything to please my dad. What even is free time..

Your P.O.V
His mind seemed to be wandering off. "Come on there must be something that you enjoy?" I said. "Training" he said. "Training?" I asked. "It's all I do in my free time" he said.

I mean I wasn't surprised, he was super strong. "What if we train together" I said. He looked at me. "Our quirks together? I don't think that would work" he said. "Why not? Where will you find an opponent like me? You know there are ways to fight back against my quirk" I said. He looked at me surprised.

"You shouldn't give away your weaknesses" he said. "I'm not" I chuckled. "I'm just giving you a hint" I added. "We can go to my place, we have a training room. I bet my dad doesn't mind me using it. He's the happiest when he sees me in there" he said. I put my hand on his shoulder "Let's go then"

——-
As we got to Shoto's house, we made our way to the training room. "Wow your house looks so cool" I said. He didn't really respond. Probably because his dad bought the house. "Ok so what should we do?" he asked.

"Attack me" I said. "What?" he asked. "Just attack me" I said. "But you will control my mind" he said.

"I won't" I grinned.