21. Saved the people?

1 month later
The last time I saw Shoto was on the bus that one time. He never came back to see me after that. I still missed his presence but somehow I made peace with the fact that we didn't see each other anymore.

I didn't want to hold on to someone that was out of reach. We all know that me and Shoto would never be able to speak to each other again and become as close as we used to be.

There was a school event tonight. I wasn't sure whether I wanted to attend. I still haven't become friends with the UA students, despite Midoriya being nice to me all the time.

I checked my phone.

Jirou: Hey are you coming tonight?

I looked at the message and hesitated before typing back.

Me: Yes

Jirou: I'll save you a seat!

What even was I getting myself into.

I decided to get dressed and made my way to the bus stop.

I can't believe I'm actually going to this lame event. I don't even know what it's about.

The bus took longer than usual to come.

Suddenly I heard people behind me panicking and screaming.

I turned around.

Villains.

"Mommy!" a child cried out.

My eyes widened.

The villain was holding the child's mother.

I rushed my way over there and activated my quirk.

The villain let go off the mother.

"Quick get out of here!" I commanded the mother and child.

I looked around. More villains were making their way into the city. This wasn't good. My quirk is great for 1 on 1 battles but a group of villains is harder to manage. I decided to send out my location in the class group chat.

Me: -location shared-
Me: Villains are attacking the city
Midoriya: I'm on my way!
Iida: Coming!
Kirishima: Hang in there y/n! I'll be there soon

As the rest of the class was also letting me know that they were going to be here soon. I felt a wave of comfort. As much as I didn't like them, at least I could count on them.

I made my way to other villains. They seemed pretty weak. I felt like it wasn't that much a challenge to defeat them.

I clearly let my guard down.

I felt a pair of manly arms grab me from behind. His hands were wrapped around my neck. I struggled to breath.

"Y/n y/l/n" I heard. My eyes widened. How did this person know my name. "A mind controlling quirk huh?" he said. "Pretty impressive" he added. "But everyone has a weakness" he said as he tightened his grip around my neck. I gasped for air.

"Awh what's wrong?" he laughed. "Do you need to look into my eyes in order to activate your quirk?" he said and laughed.

My eyes widened. How did he know so much about me? It's not like I've been in the spotlights. I'm not even a pro hero yet. How could this person know so much about me?

"Y/n watch out!" I heard, followed by an explosion coming my way. I quickly got out of the villain's grip.

I looked up to see Kirishima and Bakugo. "You could have warned her before shooting an explosion her way" Kirishima told Bakugo. "You did it for me, that's good enough" he answered back. Kirishima rolled his eyes.

"Hey old married couple there are many more villains to defeat" I said.

"Is she bossing us around?" Bakugo said irritated.

"Come on grumpy man we got a city to save" Kirishima chuckled.

The villains weren't that hard to defeat with so many UC students around to help.

I finally felt like I was part of a community.

This was the first time that I felt like I belonged somewhere.

"It looks like most villains are defeated" Midoriya said after a while. I nodded and looked around.

Soon the police arrived and took care of the defeated villains. They thanked us all before leaving.

"That was boring" Bakugo commented.

"Tell me about it" Kirishima said.

We all decided to make our way to the school event together.

As we entered the school building, I could sense that something was off.

"Guys is it just me or is there something weird going on" I hesitantly said.

"Ah she has gone paranoid" Mineta said.

"I don't mind that though" he smirked at me.

I kicked him in the face.

"I'm serious" I said. "Perhaps you're just a little startled by what just happened" Momo said. I didn't think so. I was sure that there was something going on. "I don't think we should go inside" I said.

Everyone looked at me confused. "Why?" Shoji asked. "I just-" I started but then the ceiling started crumbling. "EVERYONE WATCH OUT!" Iida called out as we all quickly made our way outside.

The building started crumbling to bits. My eyes widened. "W-Were there people inside?" I asked in shock. My entire body was shaking. No one answered.

"HELP" we heard someone call out.

I turned around to see a bunch of people being stuck underneath some piles of rocks and concrete.

I rushed over to help them. "Y/n don't go!" Iida yelled. I didn't listen. I want to become a pro hero and heroes save people in need. As I made my way to the people, I tried to help them. But as soon as I touched one of them, my hand went right through them.

I gasped. What was this?

I heard someone laugh behind me. It wasn't a regular happy laugh. More like an evil laugh filled with malice. It sent shivers down my spine.

"I see we finally meet" I heard.

I hesitantly turned around..