8. Leave me alone

I woke up in a hospital bed. I don't remember what happened and how I got here.

Suddenly I felt a stinging pain in my head. I held my head with both hands and closed my eyes.

"Why did you leave me?" I heard.

"Please" I whispered.

"ANSWER ME" I heard.

"LEAVE ME ALONE" I yelled back as the voices in my head got louder.

"Y/n" I heard. "Please stay away" I said. "Y/n" I heard again. I buried my face in my pillow. I was hearing voices in my head. "Y/n it's me" I heard.

"Leave me alone" I said as tears formed in my eyes. I felt a pair of hands lift my head up and hold my face. My vision was blurry. The voices got quiet.

I tried to focus my sight and saw that Shoto was holding my face. "Are you ok?" he asked me, his eyes filled with worry. I looked at him surprised. Why was he so close to me.

"You-" I started as I slowly remembered the memories of yesterday. "Are you ok??" I asked him in shock. He was bandaged up and had a bruise around his neck. "Yes I'm fine" he said. "No you're not" I said and looked at his bruises. I slowly put my hand on the bruise around his neck. He flinched. "Trust me" I said and looked him in the eyes.

I activated my quirk. He looked at me surprised. "What are you doing-" he started but I cut him off. "Shhh" I said. A lot of pain that human beings feel are caused in the mind. We tend to make things worse than they actually are, making us feel more physical pain than there actually is. I decided to ease the mental pain that he felt from yesterday.

I deactivated my quirk again. He looked at me. Not saying anything. I put my hand on his bruise again. He didn't move. "How?" he asked. "My little secret" I said and chuckled. He smiled at me. "I don't know what you did but thank you" he said. "No worries" I said.

I just realised this was my first time using my quirk on him again since our battle.

"How do you feel?" I asked him. "What do you mean?" he asked back. "Shoto" I said and sighed. "You seem to be carrying a lot of weight on your shoulders" I said. "It will all be much easier if you let it out" I added. He looked at me. Silence filling the room. "It's nothing" he said.

I looked at him without saying anything.

"Are you reading my mind??" he panicked and got up. I bursted out in laughter. "Of course not" I laughed. "Unless you want me to" I grinned.

"No!" he quickly said. "Why? You got something to hide?" I teased. He looked at me. His face seemed sad. "No, I just don't want to share my thoughts with anyone" he said.

How can this guy look like he's carrying so much emotional stress. He's the son of Endeavor. The number 1 pro hero. "You don't have to share things if you're not ready" I said. He sat down on my bed again.

"Why did you drink so much yesterday" he asked.
I felt myself getting embarrassed and sad. "It was my first time drinking alcohol" I started. "I liked the numbing feeling that it gave me" I said. "Almost as if everything around me didn't matter anymore" I added.

"Why did you need to feel numb?" he asked. I looked away. "To get away from my feelings" I said, ashamed of myself. "I don't think my quirk works properly under the influence of alcohol" I stated. "I've been hearing voices" I sighed. "I'm seeing dead people" I added. My hands were shaking at this point.

He held my hands. "It's alright, you can let your feelings out" he reassured me. I smiled at him. "It's ok" I said. "I'm alright now, that's all that matters" I added. He nodded but he seemed like he wanted me to tell him more.

"Why did you come here?" I asked him. He looked at me with sadness in his eyes. "You were screaming for help" he said.

I looked at him surprised. "Oh" I managed to say. "I'm sorry, I probably disrupted your sleep. You should go back and rest-" I started but he cut me off. "You didn't" he said. "I wasn't able to sleep anyways" he added.

"Why? Because of the pain from yesterday?" I asked. He didn't answer me at first but then just nodded. "I'm not reading your mind but I know you're hiding something" I said. "I'm not forcing you to talk. I'm just saying it would help" I added.

"I'm fine, thanks for your concern" he said before getting up and leaving the room.

Why did I feel so sorry for him. I don't even know him that well. But his eyes hold so much pain and emptiness.

I seems like we have both fallen at this point.