14. Confrontation

Your P.O.V
I opened my eyes. I was in an unfamiliar room. I didn't recall how I ended up here. I looked at my arm. It was bandaged up. Is it broken? I was still able to move it.

"She's awake!" I heard. Soon my entire class was standing in front of me. I felt a little overwhelmed.

"Y/n how are you feeling?" Midoriya asked. I looked at everyone. "I got you some chocolate" Denki smiled. "I got you flowers" Momo said. "I got you some stuff as well" Kirishima said. They all placed their stuff on a nearby table. It looked like everyone brought me something.

"What happened?" I asked Midoriya. He looked at me with a sad expression. "You have been unconscious since yesterday" he said. "Your match with Todoroki during combat class didn't end well" he said.

Todoroki...

I scanned the room. He wasn't here.

"Speaking of Todoroki, where is he?" I asked. Midoriya let out a sight. "He's not allowed to see you" he said. I looked at him surprised. "Why?" I asked. He balled his fists. "He tried to burn you y/n" he said. "But I'm fine-" I said but he cut me off. "Your left arm" he said. I looked at my bandaged arm. "Yeah? Is it broken?" I asked.

"No.. you got burnt pretty severely" he said. My eyes widened. "What!?" I exclaimed. "Recovery lady said that it will be very likely that you're left with a scar" he added. I didn't know what to say. I was in shock.

I knew it wasn't the end of the world but it still hurt me. Especially knowing that Shoto did this to me. "Can I speak to him?" I asked. "Absolutely not" I heard a voice say. It was the teacher.

"I'm glad you're awake y/n he said. Don't worry we will find a suitable punishment for Shoto" he said.

Punishment..

Did he really deserve a punishment? I don't know what happened and how he managed to take me out. I felt like I couldn't judge whether he deserved to be punished or not.

"C-Can someone tell me exactly what happened?" I asked. The teacher sat down and explained everything to me. I slowly tried to activate my quirk to recall some memories.

I started remembering some scenes of the event. I tried to focus really hard and then suddenly the memories came back up.

I used my quirk on Shoto but I lost my focus. He was able to fight back against my quirk, but his mind was not fully controlled by himself.

Could you really say that he did this to me on purpose?

He wasn't aware of his actions. If anything, this was partially my fault for losing focus while using my quirk. It's literally a beginner's mistake.

When I first learned about my quirk, I was told that the most important thing for me is to keep my eyes on my opponent and not let anything interrupt my focus. Yesterday I did the exact opposite. I was so impressed that he was able to fight back against my quirk , that I forgot what I was doing.

"I want to see him" I said. "You're not allowed" the teacher said. "For now, rest and try to get some sleep" he said before telling the rest of the students to also leave along with him.

———
It's been a week since the combat class accident. I haven't seen Shoto at school ever since. Was he purposely not coming or was that part of his punishment?

Either way, I was started to miss his presence. I wanted to talk to him. He must feel absolutely horrible for what he did.

The burn indeed left a scar on my arm. It's not that big and I think its slowly healing.

Living with this scar for the rest of my life, didn't affect me. I've been through so much. Knowing that Shoto didn't purposely hurt me, made me feel guilty to know he's getting punished.

I decided to pay him a visit after school. I knocked on the front door of his house. No one opened. I decided to knock again. I stood there for a solid 5 minutes before the door finally opened.

"My dad's not home-" Shoto started but stopped when he saw me. His eyes were bloodshot red and his hair was messy. Despite all of it, he still somehow managed to look good.

"Y/n" he said and looked at me and then at the ground. "Please leave before anyone sees you" he said. "Shoto I want to talk-" I said but he cut me off. "No it's best if we don't see each other anymore" he said. I looked at him. There was nothing but silence at this point. He didn't even dare to make eye contact with me.

He looked at my arm. He was examining the scar. "Don't feel bad" I said. "I did this didn't I" he said. I could feel the self-blame in his voice. "Don't blame yourself-" I started but he cut me off. Tears were forming in his eyes. Was he.. about to cry?

"I'm a monster" he said. I looked at him in shock. "Please go home" he said before closing the door. I stood there, completely speechless. I knocked on the door again. "Shoto open up!" I yelled.

I received nothing but silence back from him.

What was he scared of?
Facing me?
His punishment?

Or was there something else..