13

"Why's this forest so big?! Ugh! I can't-" I tripped with the roots of a tree falling and rolling down to the sloppy way until I remembered myself there.

_______

I opened my eyes. But this time not to a fake apartment. To a hospital. I looked to my side seeing a worried expression.

"Joshua! you woke up?!" He got excited and some handsome people came towards my bed. Wait- these people... who I saw in... my dreams? Visions? Wait- what?

"How are you feeling?"

"Joshua!!!" Someone just literally teared up hugging me to death.

"Hey! Let him breathe. He just woke up."

"I know- b-but, But-" This dude was literally choking on tears and hugged me again and I looked at the person who told him to let me breathe earlier hoping he would say it this time too. But... he just looked blank and started to bawl out too. I looked at others for help and... they were already... *sigh* sobbing...

All hugged me crying and I just accepted my fate.

"Don't you remember us?" After calming down, one asked me, and I innocently nodded 'no'. They looked at each other and one dude was tearing up again. 

Fearing remembering the scene from earlier, "Hey! I think I'll remember you in no time. Just... calm down." That dude calmed down.

"First, let's eat!" One suggested. 

"Sure!"

"Yeah, let's eat!"

"Which one of you is Minghao?" I asked and everyone turned to me immediately.

"You remember me?" One queried with hope. Probably Minghao.

"Well, I heard you..." I thought for a moment and decided not to bring up that topic when he visited me. "I just heard your name."

"Ooohh..." Everyone nodded in seriousness which felt they weren't serious.

"So... What do you want to eat?" Minghao asked.

"Jajangmyeon? I guess?" I stated after thinking for a while, while they just blinked several times looking at me.

"What's wrong with him?" One whispered to another one's ear but I heard them. 

"I don't this time." Another replied whispering.

As I remember he suggested eating Jajangmyeon when he visited so I said that. But never mind...

"What about Bulgogi?" I asked and they looked at me in relief. 

"Let's go!"

"How are you feeling?" One of them asked as I nodded.

"Fine..." I thought for a moment before speaking again, "I heard we are a group?" I asked as everyone stopped eating and looking at me.

"Not just a group." One of them with a grumpy face murmured.

"Huh?"

"We're brothers, Okay!?" He sulked. Maybe because I don't remember them?

"calm down..." One said to him.

"What happened to them?" I suddenly spoke after eating in silence.

"You mean them? They were arrested." One of them said and started eating again.

"Oh... and the girl?" 

"Girl?"

"Hm?"

"There was no girl..." He said and I sighed in relief.

"What girl are you talking about." One of them raised eyebrows and tried to tease.

"Dokyeom, not now." The grumpy one said and everyone started laughing.

"But, the setup was crazy I heard." 

"Yes, first I didn't even realize. They even drugged me to stay paralyzed." I stated and all of them gasped.

"That was so much crime."

"Good thing they got arrested. But, the trial starts in some days. I heard they hired a good lawyer and want you to go there to state as the victim."

"What a lowlife! They are trying to get away after doing all of this." 

"It's Okay. You don't have to go." One of them said.

"I'm going," I responded and everyone looked at me confused.

"Why?"

"I have some things to do..."

Trial Day

I don't know why I came to the trial. But, I think I was expecting someone there who didn't show up. I guess you know who I'm talking about.

"Who are you looking for?" Minghao asked as he saw me looking eager. He insisted on coming with me.

"Huh? How  do you know?" 

"Heh, known you for years." He even talks differently from the one that was there. That was fake too?...

When the trial was finished, they were sentenced to jail for 15 years.

"Just 15 years? It should've been whole life." Minghao sulked and I laughed.

"Let's go or else we will fail to catch the metro."

"Hmm..."

We were going to the subway while having corndogs and we ran late. 

"Hey! Wait!"

"Like they would wait for us..." Minghao sighed nodding in disbelief.

"Ah! Now we have to wait..." I said and turned around only to bump into someone with a coffee.

"La Fe?"