Chapter 10

'Okay, so how am I going to get a tag to trade with Gittarackur aka Illumi?' (M/N) thought while sitting in a tree. 'OHHH I GOT IT!!!' and with that went on his merry way.  

Gon POV

'How am I going to steal Hisoka's ID tag? I won't be able to his tag with a head-on attack...' I thought until I spotted something. It was another applicant and another one behind him. The one with the red hair and big nose was being targeted by the one behind him. I watched as the attacker began to shot the arrow at the target. 'Awww he blew it.'

"Hey, that was really close." The red hair applicant said. "Sorry, but it won't be that easy...That easy...W-what?!"

I watched as the red hair fell to the ground. 

"Bastard..." The red hair applicant said.

"The arrow was coated with the fast-acting tranquilizer." The shorter applicant said. "You won't be able to walk for the next week. Don't worry. There's water nearby. You won't die. I'll be taking this. See ya." With that the short on left.

'Wow. He was able to mask his own presence as he stalked his prey. And his target was able to sense the shot being fired, and quickly dodge it, avoiding serious injury. However, the other applicant anticipated this and poisoned his arrow... This is how you hunt!' I thought. 'If I have any chance at stealing Hisoka's ID tag, This is it!'

Third  Pov

"Whose's number is this?" Leorio said out loud.

"The sun's about to set..." Kurapika said. "I should probably stay in one place until tomorrow morning."

Gon was tired and decided to lay down and rest for a while before getting back to doing what he was doing.

'Ohh it's nighttime. My hunter's probably already done for so nothing to worry about here.' (M/N) thought. "INight Gon, Killua, Kurapika, and Leorio wherever you may be." (M/N) whispered before falling asleep.

----------Time skip---------

Gon Pov

I still couldn't catch any birds. This is hopeless. I was about to give up when suddenly I saw a bird fly over me. I watched as the bird was trying to get a fish. 'Birds can catch fish that are swimming.' I thought. I watched the bird very closely. 'Go' 'I get it...There's a moment when I know exactly what my target will do next!' With that, I was prepared myself properly to catch the bird. I watched as the fish when after the fly when struck when the bird went after the fish. 'I did it! I know now! I have to aim for my target as he hunts his own prey!'

Third Pov 

"Man, where is everyone hiding?" Leorio asks out loud. "I haven't seen anyone for the past two days." 

Suddenly there was a ruffle in the leaves.

"Who's there!" Leorio demands with a knife in hand.

"Oh, hold on!" A voice pleaded. Out the bushes came Tonpa. "It's just me..."

"Tonpa!" Leorio says. "Don't tell me that your target is..." 

"Hey, wait a second!" Tonpa interrupted. "Just calm down. You aren't my target."

"Prove it," Leorio demanded.

"Right..." Tonpa said reaching for his pocket. "Here" Tonpa pulled out a 191. "Good thing I didn't throw it away. Fighting people who aren't my target is a waste of time and energy. Don't tell me that I'm your target!"

"Unfortunately, you're not," Leorio says putting away his knife. Pulling out a 246. 

"#246. Ponzo, huh?" Tonpa says.

"Huh?" Leorio says. "You know who this is?"

"You didn't already know?" Tonpa asked.

"Uh, er, well..." Leorio hesitates. "I wouldn't put it that way. I just didn't have a chance to find out..."

"Heh," Tonpa smirks. "Want me to fill you in?"

"What?" Leorio asks confused.

"Your target's appearance, weapons, special abilities, and weakness. However, I have one condition."

"Huh?" Leorio asked. 

"I think I ate some bad fruit," Tonpa says.

"Bad fruit..." Leorio questions suspiciously.

"To be honest, I can barely stand..." Tonpa says. "You want to become a doctor, right? Do you have any medicine on you?"

"I got it," Leorio says. "Don't soil yourself. I have all kinds of anti-diarrheal and stomach medicine."

"Ohh, thank you!" Tonpa says reaching for the bag. 

"First, tell me what you know," Leorio says.

"F-FIne..." Tonpa answers. "Ponzu is a female applicant." 

"Female?" Leorio questions. 

"As far as I know, five of the remaining twenty-four applicants use some sort of chemical weapon," Tonpa explains. "Ponzu is one of those."

"So she's the one," Leorio says.

"This girl happens to specialize in all kinds of drugs," Tonpa explains. "But her strategy is simple...Hide and wait. She sets a trap and waits for her target to show up. You shouldn't have to worry about anything else. If you make it a close-quarters fighter you're guaranteed to win. If you find her watch your footing, and note which direction the wind is blowing. Sh-she's fully aware that someone else is targeting her. Th-that's pretty much it. G-give me the medicine..."

"Okay," Leorio says. "To be safe, back up a bit."

"H-Hurry..." Tonpa says. " I-I can't hold it in!"

Suddenly a monkey man and his monkey come out of the tree and the monkey grabs Leorio's tag. 

"Your tag is mine." Monkey man says.

"I knew you were keeping your tag in your suitcase," Tonpa says. 

"Tonpa!" Leorio yelled. "You two are working together?" 

"Exactly so." Tonpa answers. "I didn't need your medicine. I have my own. And I might as well confess that you actually are my target." 

"What about the card you just showed me?" Leorio questioned.

"That was my target." The monkey man replies. "This is Tonpa's" Proceeds to take out Tonpa"s target tag. "We swapped cards. And you fell for our little trick..." 

"There you have it." Tonpa laughs.

"Damn you!" Leorio yells in anger. " I'll make you pay!"

"Tonpa!" Monkey man called. "We'll meet at the usual place!"

"Gotcha!"Tonpa replied. 

"Hold up!" Leorio yells chasing after Tonpa.

"You still haven't learned your lesson, rookie?" Tonpa mocked. 

"What was that?" Leorio asked. 

"It's your own fault for letting us trick you!" Tonpa replied. "Besides, working in teams during the Hunter Exam is common sense!"

"I agree with the latter, but I cannot accept the former." Kurapika jumps in. "You shouldn't trick people in the first place!"

"Kurapika!" Leorio says. 

"Leorio, want to team up?" Kurpaika asks.