Chapter 7

*Chime rings*

"I sincerely apologize for the long wait. The airship will be arriving at its destination shortly" Beans announced on the intercom.

-----Time Skip to when they are at trick tower---------

"What is this place?" "There's nothing here."

"AH-AHEM. Everyone, this is the site of the hunter exam's third phase.  You'll be competing here at the top of the trick tower. In order to pass this phase, you must reach the base of the tower alive. The time limit is 72 hours. And with that, the exam's third phase will now begin. Good luck to each and every one of you. All right everyone, do your best." Beans announced.

"Woah" Gon and (M/N) gasped at the height of the tower. 'A whole lot scarier in real life damn.' (M/N) thought as he left to find a trapdoor to jump onto and into the tower itself.  Just as he took his fifth step (M/N) fell.

"AHHHHH!!! HOLYSH*T NEVER AGAIN!!!!" (M/n) yelled in fright from the unexpected fall. "Oof." 'Damn that was more terrifying than a roller coaster.'

"Well, what do we have here~ If it isn't the little thief~" A certain magician exclaimed.  (M/N) slowly turned around only to find number 301 and Hisoka playing cards. 'Shit why them. Anyone but them'  (M/N) thought in distress. He then turned the other way to see there was still one more bracelet for him to wear. So he got up and put it on.

"The three who drop in here must find their way down without letting any of the other two die." (M/N) read. 'Well, I am sure lucky to be blessed with strong killers that can't kill me.' (M/N) thought relieved that he is safe for now.

"Wonderful now that all of you are here. I will now introduce myself. My name is Lippo. I'm the prison warden here, not to mention your examiner for the third phase of the exam. We've gone to the trouble of preparing multiple routes through the tower, and the one you've chosen is the path of till death do us part. If you want to pass-- and I am sure you do-- mindfulness is the essence of success. One person that dies during the third phase would result in the rest of you failing. So be mindful of your fellow applicants for this phase and make sure everyone here gets out alive. Now that you have three members present you may start. That's it, Gentlemen! Best of luck." Lippo announced.

With that, a stone wall began to slide up revealing a door. 

"At this door select O to open and X to not open." (M/N) read. All three pressed O and moved on.  

"Which path do you pick. Press O for left and X for right." (M/N) read. 'I guess right because it's right hehe.'

All three pressed O. 'Damn' (M/N) thought. With that, they found themselves in a room with two prisoners facing them.

"I will go first. " (M/N) announced with no objections. 

"Well...then I will go first as well.." A prisoner stated taking off his hood revealing a boy similar size to (M/N) with slightly more muscle.

" A prisoner stated taking off his hood revealing a boy similar size to (M/N) with slightly more muscle