1. 𝐻𝑎𝑟𝑟𝑦𝑠 ℎ𝑜𝑚𝑒

"Trust me y/n, there is nothing cool about the        serpent"~

You sat on the couch next to your cousin Dudley, waiting impatiently for your brother, Harry, to come home.

"Look at that y/n!" Dudley said, pure excitement in his tone as he dramatically tapped on your shoulder trying to make you turn your attention towards the t.v.

You weren't all too interested, and to be honest Dudley had been nothing but rude to you all school year, which of course was normal sadly, but this year it was even worse due to the fact that Harry wasn't home.

"Oh, yeah thats neat." You said, not looking over once.

"Hey!", He pouted, "You didn't even look!"

"Because I don't care, I'm trying to look out for the car!" You said slightly louder than you should have as you motioned towards the window.

Only then did you notice that the car had in fact pulled into the driveway, without a second thought or word you practically jumped up off the couch and hurried to the front door.

Before they could even get inside you swung the door opened, pushing past your uncle and making your way outside to your brother,

"Y/n slow it down will you?!" Vernon yelled, already annoyed with your actions, you obviously didn't care as you engulfed Harry into a hug.

He immediately stopped what he was doing to hug you back.

It was silent for a moment, besides for the slight sound of rain that had began to fall.

"Harry, i'm so happy you're home, it's been a living hell without you here, you know that?" You smiled into his shoulder.

"I can only imagine," He sighed, "Come on, let me get this stuff inside so I can tell you about Hogwarts!"

He smiled, causing you to smile back at him.

"I can help if you need me to grab anything?" You offered, peaking your head into the car to see Hedwig, he had wrote to you about her, but of course this was your first time actually meeting her, "Oh wow, she's so pretty Harry, hello Hedwig!"

His smile only grew wider at that, "You can grab her if you'd like." He said, pulling his trunk out of the back.

You nodded reaching in to grab the handle, carefully pulling the cage out of the car and holding it up to meet your eye level, "It's nice to meet you, i'm Y/n, Harry's little sister."

Hedwig looked right back at you peacefully as you shut the door to the car and began to walk back inside with Harry.

You followed him up the stairs cautiously, being extra sure not to bump the cage against the wall or anything like that, as to not alarm Hedwig.

Once you got into his room he shut the door behind you both.

"Thank you Y/n, you can just set her on top of the dresser." He said, smiling as he sat on the floor next to his trunk, clipping it opened, and starting to unpack.

Once done, you took a seat on the floor as well, leaning up against the door, bringing your knees up to your chest so that you were comfortable.