𝟷𝟸. 𝙰𝚛𝚊𝚌𝚑𝚗𝚘𝚙𝚑𝚘𝚋𝚒𝚊

"Why spiders, why couldn't it be follow the butterflies?" You heard Ron ask from behind you through a voice crack.~

"She was found near the library," Professor Mcgonagle said, reaching over to the bedside table to grab a hand held mirror, "Along with this, mean anything to any of you?"

You could practically hear your heartbeat in your ears, kids had been getting petrified for a couple of months now, but never anyone you were particularly close to, and seeing Hermione laying there like that on the bed, completely frozen made you feel sick to your stomach.

"No." Harry answered, for himself but also for you and Ron. Noticing your lack of words, seeing as your voice was completely caught in your throat.

You had never been through anything like this before.

Slytherin Common room, 5:45pm.

"Each student shall return to their common room by 6pm each night, and from now on everyone will be escorted to lessons by a teacher or prefect, any questions?" Snape asked the room full of students, he had called all of the kids into the common room about 10 minutes prior, and telling by the tone in his voice and his choice of words it wasn't hard to tell that every other house was probably getting the exact same talk right about then. A message that professor Dumbledore had delivered to all the head of houses to relay to the students, no doubt.

"Y/n this is bad.." Pansy whispered over to you, anxiously playing with the end of her robe.

"I know..we're practically on lockdown" You replied, taking in the nervous expressions on everyone else's faces as well.

"You don't think they'll close Hogwarts, do you Professor?" A student asked, causing the room to go even more silent than before.

Snape hesitated for a moment, "If this continues the way it is, they very well could."

His statement only caused more commotion between the children, little gasps and whispers filled with worry and doubt being shared amongst them. 

"I have to talk to Harry," You began, standing up off of the couch as Snape exited the room, "He'll have some sort of idea of what we could do, I mean we're so close to solving it."

"Y/n no," Pansy protested, grabbing your arm, "Please, it's so dangerous, I mean come on, they're having us escorted to lessons, I don't want anything bad happening to you."

"Shes right." Malfoy budded in, looking you up and down.

"Since when do you care?" You asked, scoffing slightly, all the previous things Malfoy had said in the past about your friend flooding your brain, "You're probably happy Hermione got petrified."

"I never said I was?" He retorted, standing up to meet your level, "You didn't have to." You argued back, feeling Pansy tug on your arm from behind again.

"Please Y/n, I don't want you getting petrified," She said, standing to join you two now. You turned to face her, eyes meeting her own, and that's when you noticed how they were glazed over, looking almost as if she was about to cry, "You're my best friend, please. At least if you go let me come with you."

You felt your own eyes begin to burn upon seeing her emotional state, then hearing her words, all you could do in response was pull her into a hug, "Pansy I swear i'll be as safe as I can ok? I promise I will, but I have to do this.."

You could feel her weakly nod into your shoulder, "I know"

"Y/n," You heard Blaise say from one of the couches to your left, you lifted your head, glancing over at him, "Seriously, be careful."