7. 𝑁𝑜𝑡 𝑎 𝑓𝑟𝑖𝑒𝑛𝑑

So, have you brought me out here to scold me about my house?," You asked as his eyes met yours, "Or Malfoy, which one?"~

4:33pm, Hogwarts courtyard.

You looked down at your shoes as you walked through the muddy grass, thankfully the rain had stopped, but with rain, brings mud, and with mud brings messes.

You grimaced at the thought of having to clean your shoes off later, and it was all thanks to Harry's brilliant idea of talking outside, rather than inside somewhere.

"Y'know, we could've just talked inside." You shrugged, voicing your opinion.

"I know, but it's kinda nice out right?" He asked, trying his best to smooth the, very obvious, awkward tension over.

"No. It's muddy, windy, and cold." You sighed, wrapping your arms around yourself.

You didn't mind the rain, you loved it actually.
You didn't even really mind the mud, you just hated cleaning said mud off of said muddy shoes.

And of course,

Any time you complained about it Harry had something smart to say,

Saying something along the lines of,

-
"So you'll go run away for literal hours outside, in the rain, and expect there to not be any mud?"

Which you'd defensively reply,

"I didn't expect anything. I honestly don't mind the mud, I just don't like cleaning it because it takes forever and gets everything else dirty in the process."
-

You didn't know why you remembered that so randomly.

You were mad at him.

Furious even.

Yet, you caught yourself smiling at the memory.

You looked up from your feet to see Harry, leaning against a wall right next to a big pretty tree that caught your eye momentarily before shifting your focus back to the boy,

He awkwardly twiddled his thumbs, obviously waiting for you to go and join him.

You took the hint, swallowing harshly as you prepared yourself for the words that were about to fall from his lips.

You already knew what this conversation was going to hold, so you decided to just go ahead and get it over with as quickly as possible,

"So, have you brought me out here to scold me about my house?," You asked as his eyes met yours, "Or Malfoy, which one?"

"What?" He asked, as an unreadable expression washed over his features.

"Harry i'm not dumb, and I know your not either, well at least I hope your not," You chuckled, trailing off for a moment, "But come on, you haven't talked to me all week, then you pull me aside at the most random time of the day, and take me outside away from my friends."

His eyebrows furrowed as the word 'friends' fell past your lips, "I just..." He thought for a moment, "What's going on Y/n?"

"What do you mean 'what's going on?'," You asked, scoffing, "I should be asking what's going on with you."

He pursed his lips, "Look i'm..I'm sorry just," He avoided your gaze, "You know what I mean Y/n, what's going on with you and Malfoy?"

So it is about him.