𝟷𝟹. 𝙲𝚑𝚊𝚖𝚋𝚎𝚛 𝚘𝚏 𝚜𝚎𝚌𝚛𝚎𝚝𝚜

"Listen well, learn something from your sister here Harry," He began, "Voldemort is my past, present, and future."~

It had been a little over a week since the whole 'spider incident', and ever since then things have gone quiet. Nothing new had been figured out, nothing bad had been happening, but nothing good had been happening either, just complete and utter normalcy.

For the most part anyway.

Friday, May 14th, Potions class.

"You're scratch is fading." Malfoy said suddenly, causing you to bring your attention back to the real world.

"Yeah, finally." You chuckled slightly, bringing your hand up to your face.

He added another item into the cauldron, "What's next?"

You scanned over your page in the book, "Gillyweed."

He nodded, reaching over the table to grab the plant.

"Pssttt Y/n," A boy called over from the table next to yours, "Y/n!"

You knew what this was about, "Yes Roy?"

"Can I borrow your book, I think I missed a few notes?" The boy asked, which you knew to be a complete lie. Yours and Pansy's theory being that he liked you. It wasn't hard to tell really, between the way he blushed every time your name passed through his lips, or the way his friends would give you little knowing glances, or this, he had done this everyday for the past week. Asking to use your book for notes he had 'missed', then you'd get it back with little doodles in it.

It was sweet, you thought. Obviously or else you would've shut it down by now.

"So do you just never pay attention or?" You teased, passing him your book as he took it carefully from your hands.

"Guess not?" He smiled, getting back to his 'work'.

You heard Malfoy chuckle quietly to himself beside you, "What?" You whispered over, to which he got closer to your ear, "Y'know, I saw him copying the board just a few minutes ago."

You pulled away, chuckling a bit to yourself now too, "I know, me too"

You scoot the blondes book closer to yourself, as to read over the rest of the ingredients, "Next is the oak tree bark."

Silence.

"Malfoy, don't ignore me," You joked, looking up at the boy only to see that he was preoccupied, looking straight at Roy, "Malfoy." You nudged him, gaining his attention back, "The tree bark."

He didn't say a word as he mindlessly added the ingredient into the cauldron.

Odd.

Hogwarts hallway, 10 minutes after dinner.

"No Y/n he definitely likes you, I mean come on now..." Pansy chuckled, giving you the side eye.

"I'm not saying he doesn't, thats the thing," You began, "It's just an odd way to flirt don't you think?"

"No...not really?" Blaise chuckled.

"Oh and you're a master at flirting Zabini?" Pansy teased, nudging the boy.

"He's Definitely not." Malfoy chimed in, smirking to himself.

"And you are?" Blaise retorted defensively.

"Never said I was." Malfoy said, bluntly.

"Malfoy's way of flirting is probably telling you to go jump off a ledge somewhere.." Pansy cackled, laughing over her own joke before it was even finished.