𝟷𝟺. 𝙺𝚗𝚒𝚐𝚑𝚝 𝚋𝚞𝚜

"I know, I'm not dumb, asshole," You said bluntly, playful smile on your face, "So, what happened with Marge? She make it to Wiltshire yet?"~

"This is gonna suck" You pouted, looking at your reflection in Harry's mirror, fixing the straps of your black tank top.

"We just have to endure it for a few hours, it'll be fine." Harry said, trying to twirl his wand in between his fingers, failing miserably and dropping it onto the floor.

"Yeah but you know how she is," You sighed, turning to face him, leaning against his door and crossing your arms over your chest, "She couldn't be any more bothersome, not to mention the fact that she brings that damn dog everywhere she goes, and I love dogs as much as the next person but he kinda stinks don't you think?"

Harry chuckled to himself a bit, picking his wand back up off of the floor, "Yeah, he does."

"What if I just leave?" You questioned, only half joking, "Think Vernon would flip?"

"You know he would." Harry said, amused by the thought.

"Ehhh I don't know," You thought, "Every time I left before he never said anything." You added.

Throughout the summer you were never home, practically jumping at any chance you had to leave the house. They needed someone to run to the store? You could do it. Hell, you were ecstatic to walk the twenty minutes there and back, you didn't care. Vernon didn't want to get up to go check the mail, you were always so willing to lend a helping hand. Petunia needed something from the garden, you'd grab it, don't worry. It got so bad that it was to the point where you were sneaking downstairs in the middle of night and leaving straight through the front door. Any chance you got, you were gone.

"Well that's cause half the time they didn't know.." Harry chuckled, carefully placing his wand on the dresser.

"Still," You shrugged, "Who's the say they'd notice this time?"

"Potters!" Vernon yelled from downstairs, "Get down here!"

"See," Your brother added, tucking his necklace under his shirt, "Too late."

"Ughhh.." You groaned, swinging his door opened, making your way down the stairs.

-

After prepping the dinner, which you knew you weren't going to be allowed to eat, for what felt like hours, it was finally done.

And that was around the time you heard a knock at the front door.

"Great..." You sighed, leaning over to Harry, "The queen is here!" You mocked, laughing to yourself as she made her way in.

Harry shook his head slightly as he began pulling something out of his pocket, heading over to Vernon. You saw this as the perfect chance to slip out of the room, everyone having been distracted. You hastily made your way out of the back door, into the yard, pausing for a moment as you locked eyes with Harry through the window.

You put on your best fake, overjoyed smile, waving goodbye to your brother as you ran over to the fence, and right as you began to hop it, you mentally cursed yourself for wearing the outfit that you did.

Your jeans got stuck, causing quite the commotion, "Merlin noo...of course the one time I-" You began, whispering to yourself as you desperately yanked on the denim.