𝟷𝟶. 𝚃𝚑𝚎 𝚙𝚎𝚗

!! TW !! slight mentions of blood, y/n pricks her finger.

"You should try using it sometime, it is, after all, a very nice pen."~

The snow had finally began to melt away as January neared its end,

Some students whined and fussed about how the cheery time of winter was fleeting, while others happily welcomed the change.

You fell somewhere in the middle.

Feeling nervous for what the new season would sweep on in with it, but also feeling relieved to have some sort of fresh new start.

Hoping that as the snow slowly melted away back into the earth, your problems would melt away with it.

Only to later realize that they wouldn't, and that thinking in ways like that were foolish, and not to mention childish.

Hogwarts, Friday February 3rd, Potions class.

"What's this supposed to be?" You asked, pointing to one of the new little doodles on the side of Malfoy's, otherwise, plain notes.

He glanced over, only allowing himself to look for a few seconds before focusing back on the task at hand.

Something he always did,

Never letting himself get too distracted, never letting himself take a break.

Especially recently, you noticed.

"Don't know?" He mumbled almost incoherently, dropping another item into the cauldron.

His reply sounded so plain, so bored, and so very quiet,

Another thing he always did,

specifically when he was focused.

"What do you mean 'you don't know'?," You asked, scooting a tad bit closer to observe the brewing potion, "You're the one who drew it right?"

He shot you an odd look, one you've never seen him give you, or anyone at that matter, making you wonder if you came off sounding too nosey.

When in reality, you were just bored out of your mind.

"No, I didn't," He said, chuckling under his breath, "You honestly think I could draw that bad even if I tried?"

"I don't know?," You shrugged, laughing slightly, "You just didn't really strike me as the type of person that was good at art?"

"Yeah, I'm not," He shook his head, small, but genuine smile on his face, "My friend drew it, whatever it is."

You paused, looking at the little doodle again,

"Looks like something someone like Crabbe would draw." You said.

"No," Malfoy chuckled, "I mean, I can see why you'd guess that but, Crabbe is actually pretty good at drawing, don't tell him I said anything though, it's a 'secret' of his."

Your mind wandered to the imagine of Crabbe sitting down with some fancy painters hat on, making you laugh.

It was also kinda sweet though, you knew all the 'bad boy' talk and act was a facade.

Once class was over Malfoy made quick work of shutting his book and placing it in his bag, along with some stray pieces of paper laying around.

You mimicked his actions, writing one last thing down before slamming the book closed, stuffing it down into your bag right after,

"Did you understand that potion or?" Pansy asked, walking over to you, waiting so that the both of you could walk to your next class together.

"Yeah, I thought it was pretty easy," You admitted, making your way out of the door with her as you closed your bag, "What about you?"