Chapter 3: THE NEW REALITY UNFOLDS

SONG: BLESS THE BROKEN ROADS

Finally the much awaited day had arrived and Kim was busy preparing for her wedding with Alex. She has been feeling anxious and depressed ever since she woke up and she feels like her life is coming to an end. Lily, her companion has been going on and on about how beautiful Kim is and how lucky Alex is to be having her as a wife but for Kim she is unfortunate enough to know that he's only doing this to respect his parents wishes in order to secure his inheritance. Her mother finally comes and takes her downstairs to the car so that they can go to the wedding venue.

Once they reached the venue, they found all the guests had entered the church and settled and the groom was already at the altar

Once they reached the venue, they found all the guests had entered the church and settled and the groom was already at the altar. Upon the announcement of the arrival of the bride everyone stood up and all eyes were averted to the entrance and Kim's anxiety levels shot up and she wanted to run but when her father held her hand and gave her an encouraging smile she felt she was ready to continue with this step that will change her life. On the other hand, Alex found it hard to remove his eyes from her and at that moment she could actually see how beautiful she was but his mind was reluctant to give in into this new feeling and he chose to hold on to the hate he had harbored for her ever since he heard about the arranged marriage between them.

He looked away immediately and awaited her to be brought to the altar so that joke could be over and done with. Finally Mr. Mendoza handed her hand to him not before making him promise that Alex would take care of his princess and treat her with love and the respect she deserves. When they ascended the altar the officiant started on the ceremony. " Today we are all gathered here to witness the joining of two people, Alex and Kimberly, in the sacred vow of holy matrimony which will last for eternity and God as their witness no man shall separate what he himself has joined" and Alex rolled his eyes because to him this was all BS and they were only using God's name to justify their actions which were far from true.

The wedding rings were brought by Lily and the saying of the vows commenced, " Do you Alex take Kimberly to be your lawfully wedded wife, to hold and to cherish, to love and respect, through sickness and health, through riches and poverty and in sickness and health till death do you part?" he asked and he finally answered " I do" and for Kimberly " Do you Kim take Alex to be your lawfully wedded husband , to hold  and to cherish, to love and respect, through sickness and health, through riches and poverty and in sickness and health till death do you part?" she was a little bit hesitant and even wondered what would happen if she refused to marry him and left him on the altar but when she met her father's desperate eyes, she turned and looked Alex in the eyes and said, "I do."

The congregation erupted into claps and cheers for the newly weds and they smiled as they made their way outside. Many people congratulated them and after the photo session with their parents and some of the guests and relatives, they entered the Rolls Royce that was to take them to the wedding reception. The whole ride their he didn't even give her a glance nor talk to her and she once again felt the rejection and pain of being ignored and she wanted to cry but she didn't want to give him the satisfaction of knowing that he has hurt her. When they reached the venue, he helped her to get out of the vehicle but only because people were on sight watching and clapping as a way to congratulate them on their 'love and happiness'.

The reception went quite smoothly and since it was getting late and Alex was sick and tired of pretending, he said his apologies and goodbyes and after Kimberly said a proper goodbye to her parents, they left. He was getting irritated with her constant sniffling and sobs and for a moment he thought of kicking her out of the car but he just couldn't because if his parents found out he would be in so much trouble. " Would you quite crying like a baby and start acting like your age and don't for a moment think am excited with this marriage but do you see me crying? So do me a favor and let me drive in peace or else I will leave you on the side of the road to find your way home," she didn't want that so she wiped her tears and kept quiet.

When they arrived in his mansion, she was beyond surprised at the magnificent creation that he calls a house and she was taken aback. She had known he was rich and had good taste but this was just too much to take in. She was just hit with the fact that she was to call this home and she just could process this fact, " Could you please close your mouth before an insect enters and I know the estate is quite magnificent but don't act like you have been living in poverty all your life because I know you have been acquinted with places like these all your life.

 She was just hit with the fact that she was to call this home and she just could process this fact, " Could you please close your mouth before an insect enters and I know the estate is quite magnificent but don't act like you have been living in ...

Some servants came and took their luggage to the house and he went ahead to enter the house leaving her outside. Once she regained her composure she followed him and once they were inside he took her and led her to his room and what was before her was the exact representation of what he was as a person. He closed the door behind him and dragged her inside and pushed her on the bed. He then removed his suit jacket and put it on the arm chair in the room, he then folded his  shirt up to his elbows all the while Kimberly was watching him and she couldn't understand how someone could be so heartless and at the same time devastatingly handsome.

He then up and left the room and she was left to figure out where the bathroom and closet was so that she can get changed. Once she found both the facilities, she decided to remove the gown because it was so heavy and she was tired since she has been dragging it around the whole day, but to her surprise she couldn't reach the zipper and after struggling for some time she decided to wait for him so that he can help her.

 Once she found both the facilities, she decided to remove the gown because it was so heavy and she was tired since she has been dragging it around the whole day, but to her surprise she couldn't reach the zipper and after struggling for some time...

She didn't know for how long she had been waiting, but he finally entered the room and he looked so tired. She mustered up courage to ask for his help. "Could you please help me get the zipper because I can't reach it and this gown is quite heavy," she finally uttered and he just looked at her for some time before he finally approached her and said the most hurtful words, " You think just because we are married that I will be forced to consummate our marriage? Even if I was given a million dollars as a gift humper to spend the night with you, I wouldn't even consider it, so just stop trying to act all cute and sexy around me because even though we are married I don't recognize you as my wife," he finished and after unzipping her, he entered the bathroom and left her there a hopeless mess, tears streaming down her cheeks in abundance and her feeling shattered to the core. She stripped out of the gown and wore her favorite sweatpants and a hoodie then she grabbed her car keys, phone and a few novels and she dashed out and drove to the one place other than her home that brings her peace and comfort in moments like this...

Hey everyone this is the new chapter and am sorry for not updating sooner. I was just so busy with moving back home from Campus because of the presidential directive regarding Corona virus and all online classes .
But promise I will try update sooner 😉.
Love you all and keep supporting me and share with your friends .❤️