CHAPTER 24: THE RISING BLACK EMPIRE

Kimberly's POV
It's been approximately seven months since I moved here and the things I've been able to accomplish are still a shock to me. Through the help of my personal trainer Lucas, I have been able to get rid of a lot of my weight and I finally about to reach my set target. Business wise I have been able to set up three fitness centers in different locations and they have been a successful in the past three months. With the help of Xavier and his contacts here we have been working on a plan for the new Amsterdam culture meets modern fashion house and it's been exhausting and time consuming but with the help of my assistant and also new bestie, Love, everything is being handled quite well. I met Love on a tour in the Netherlands and turns out she was also a student in my former middle school but she moved away although she knew me since according to her I was a posh queen who she didn't think would want to hang with her.

The other thing is that I have been blessed with a beautiful gift that I adore very much. When I was still at Xavier's house in Greece I used to feel very sick but I used to think that it was the effects of being heartbroken and not eating properly. I kept putting off going to the doctor but when I finally moved here, Luke forced me to go and he even accompanied me and when I found out I was pregnant he was so excited. I couldn't believe it at first but the thought of having this little piece of heaven from the hell I just came from is just what I need to give me strength to fight for my future. The pregnancy has been coming along well and with the help of Xavier, Luke and Love I can handle things much better and avoid stress since it isn't good for the baby. "You know Bella, am so proud of your effort in everything you are handling right now. You know ever since I found out about that sweet marshmallow in your belly, I can't help but feel so excited to see her. I will be the best uncle she can ask for and I will spoil her so much. By the way, I would like to ask you something," Luke paused for a while before I stared at him pointedly to encourage him to go on, " What's your deal with Xavier?" he finally came out with it and I knew where this conversation was headed. " I know it's not my fucking concern but I think he's in love with you because the way he looks at you and after you I doubt it only hits the boundary of friendship," he said and for one I couldn't deny this because frankly I have known this for a very long time but I choose to ignore it because it would only end up hurting the both of us because I know once we cross that bridge we can never go back to being friends and the other thing is that I would be so broken if I was the one to break his heart because frankly even if I refuse to think or acknowledge my feelings, I know only Xander will own my heart no matter how much he has hurt me and I hate myself even harder for that.

" To be honest handsome, I know that but I just don't want to end up hurting him because he's like the only lifeline am holding on to and he's my bestfriend not that am degrading you or Love but Xavier and I share something that neither of us can explain and no relationship on earth can serve as worthy enough to justify it. Xavier has always been like the only reality in my miserable past life and that's why it would hurt me so much to break him, so just leave it at he's my best friend and this conversation should remain between us and don't ever inquire from him please, ok?" I asked politely and since we had already winded up our workout session, I got up and left him to go have a bath because I had to go to the office. Today we have this huge meeting where am to convince some investors to invest in the fashion house project. Everything should be set because am supposed to go on my maternity leave because my little girl still has a month till she arrives in the world and I won't lie it's giving me major anxiety because I don't know if am ready for the pain coming with giving birth or if I will be a good mom considering she will only have me as a father and mother. The other huge issue is how am going to explain to her why her daddy is not with us. I strip off my sweaty clothes and enter my bathroom and once am in the tub all that floods my mind is my life and the moments I had with Xander. I might have been stupid enough to believe his lies but he's an even bigger fool for denying his feelings. I really feel bad for lying about my death but I just had to think of myself this time around. It may be selfish but am just trying to be true to myself and I ain't useful if am a broken shell of myself.