CHAPTER 34: THE START OF UNPAUSING THE PAST

Some moments in life we make decisions that seem okay at the time but we later come to realize that the selfish decisions also affect others and the resentment and hurt we harbor may be a cause of our children's longing and suffering. Looking at my baby right now, she looks like a deer caught in headlights because she feels like she has done something wrong but it shouldn't have to be this way because I always wanted that when I do have a baby he or she will enjoy the company,love,care and attention of both parents but here and now Alexa has to sneaks around in order to be able to spend time with her own father.

"I asked you something Alexa, why did I hear you calling him Daddy?" Even though I put a blank face in front of her, I'm in turmoil and feel very ashamed that because of my stubborness and need for revenge am depriving my baby the right to a family.

"Mommy, you're b...b...back!" She seems afraid and it's killing to see her like this, " Am sorry Mom but I just wanted to spend time with Daddy because he seems so lonely and sad and...and I know you said not to let him know that am his baby girl but I swear mommy he doesn't the only reason I called him that is because he asked me too since he thinks I don't have a daddy, I hope you don't get mad at me but mommy I just figured out a way to spend time with Daddy without ruining you plans," even that last sentence sounds so wrong.

No child should be thinking about ruining their parents plan, she should be playing and enjoying things kids her age do. Right here and now I made a choice to ensure that whatever plans I've got have to be executed immediately to ensure that these games am playing don't harm my daughter and I'm relationship and the relationship am trying to fix with Alexander to ensure that we can give Alexa a family even though we might not be together.

"Baby come here," I take a seat on her bed and pull her to my lap, " I want to apologise for putting you in the middle of whatever happened between your daddy and me and I want you to know that am not angry at you for spending time with him because it's your right am just angry with myself for not fixing things for you soon but Mi amor I promise you by the end of the week you'll be able to spend as much time with him as you want even if it costs me everything,ok?" For the first time I can genuinely say my baby girl was happy and I love her so much that am willing to put my ego, vengeance and prejudices behind to ensure she gets what she's was entitled ever since she was an infant; a whole family without the drama of the past.

She embraced me, "Okay momma, I trust you and I can't wait to have you both together even though their may be a chance you won't get back together. Don't worry I know you love me and you're doing everything for me," I honestly can't believe I got so lucky to have this beautiful, smart, understanding and kind girl as my daughter. Her father and I may have done something very Noble in this lifetime to afford such a priceless soul as our own fruit from the love I thought we shared.

We spend the next hour discussing the day she just had with her dad and grandparents and am just so glad that they're in love with her already because now I can rest easy knowing she won't face rejection when I finally reveal our identities. Since she was already well fed and exhausted from the eventful day,I tucked her in and when I was sure she was fast asleep I went to my own room to start the preparations for the big Day.

I grabbed my phone and called Xavier and explained everything to him and as always he supported me and he assured me he would inform the others as well as ensure everything was in order for the big unveiling. After some hours catching up on paperwork and going through lists of potential investors and clients,I realized it was really late and I needed rest if I was to be energized for what lays ahead but for some reason sleep wasn't coming to me and so I poured myself a drink and stood on my terris for fresh air since that may clear the running thoughts and I could be able to go to sleep.