CHAPTER 4: DISASTER TURNS TO MEETING A HANDSOME FRIEND

Kimberly's POV

The one place that makes me feel safe and at peace.....my grandparents house. Ever since they passed away, nobody ever comes here except for me when I feel like I need a break from home. As soon as I entered the house, everything came crushing back, all the memories with them,my life up until now and my encounter with him. " Why do I have such bad experiences? Am I not destined to be happy ever? Grandma and Grandpa I miss you so much. I wish you were here and tell me everything will be alright," she said in between jobs," It's like the universe is always conniving to make me suffer and I just feel I got no more strength to fight anymore."

I woke up to birds chirping and to my surprise I had fallen asleep in the couch after my epic melt down. I decided to stop mopping around and cleaned myself up and I found some old cloths of mine in the closet of my room and I got to cleaning up and went out to get some groceries for my apparent stay here. It just felt like a breathe of fresh air being here where nobody knows me and isn't judging me. I got some food,clothing,shoes and some more novels to keep me busy.

After I was done shopping, I was walking to my car and since I had a lot of bags it was a little bit difficult to manage and at this point I wished I had somebody to help and it seemed that for once the universe heard me, " Hi,you seem to be struggling there, I just wanted to help you,that is if you don't mind?" He said but I just was kind of suspicious because rarely guys tended to avoid me but looking at him in the eyes he seemed genuine.

" Thanks but I can manage just fine, my car isn't that far but seriously thanks for the offer," I told him but he didn't seem to take the hint," Seriously I don't think a beautiful lady like you should be struggling with heavy bags like those alone,please let me help you," he seems to have noticed me being uncomfortable or nervousness," Oh Miss please don't think I want to take advantage of you or anything I just want to make sure you don't exert yourself so much," he is so sweet and gentlemanly so I decided to give him a chance. He helped me with my bags and as we walked to the car I got to know his name was Xavier Santorini and he was a famous model from Greece and he was actually here to take a breather from his hectic life back home just like me. We said our goodbyes and I went back home.

When I got home, I was still relishing my encounter with Xavier and it seems so unreal and he even called me beautiful that was so nice since no one has ever told me that but I decided to ignore it because most likely I would never see him again, so I made spaghetti and meatballs for lunch and after cleaning up the kitchen, I tool one of the novels I bought and decided to read it outside in the patio as I enjoyed the fresh air. As usual I spent most of my afternoon reading and lost in my own world and the cold air made me realize the sun was already setting so I went inside and after putting on a sweater I made my way to the kitchen to make myself dinner. I made Risotto and once done I went to bed as I was exhausted from the days activities.

The next day I woke up to loud music from the neighbors house and at first I decided to ignore it but it got so loud couldn't sleep, so I got up and wore my flip-flops and made my way to the neighbor's house to kindly request them to tone it done but the shock I got was the best in my life. Guess who's my neighbor, yep the handsome and sexy guy I met yesterday at the shopping center and helped me with my bags. Xavier was standing in front of me with only his shorts,sweat towel and trainers because he was working out just before I rang his bell.

Seriously, this is the type of guy I have always imagined while reading romance novels but the feeling is quite strong when you have an encounter with one, " Hey beautiful? Like something you see? I hoped to see you again but I didn't realize it would be this soon and that also standing in my porch," he said which made me snap out of my perv thoughts and as I looked at him he had an arrogant smirk on his face. "Oh! Sorry for my rude behavior,I shouldn't be starting but it's good to see you again too but I just wanted to ask if you would please tune down your music because it is kind of disturbing my sleep?" I asked. "Where do you live Love?" He asked and I was quite taken back with the endearment but I pointed to the house next door and he seemed to be weirdly glad to know I live next door to him.