CHAPTER 53: HIS UNWANTED LOVE

XAVIER'S POV.

It's been a weird few weeks since I have been avoiding everything. From Kimberly, my family, friends and even Love. Since I fucked up and slept with her, I have been feeling like such an asshole and have fallen into this pity-party with an invite of only one person; me. Dodging calls, taking all the travel work meetings and even spending my free time out of town has become the new norm. I simply don't know how to handle this situation and on top of that I don't want to hurt anyone but I still do even when am away.

Today am heading to see Kimberly because we have some few decisions to make about our new projects but I do know we will have to talk about my recent behavior and I have to prepare for that. As I pulling up at her gate, I see Xander's car leaving but he doesn't see me which unnerves me even more than I was before. I'm happy when she's happy but that doesn't mean it hurts any less. On top of that I shouldn't be feeling having any feelings for Love but I do which makes this situation more fucked up. Security lets me in and once I park my car and head inside, I embark on finding Kimberly.

"Morning, hope am not interrupting," she put her glass down and turned towards me. Almost immediately she came to me, "Oh God!!! You're okay. I was worried. Where have you been Xavier? Did I do something wrong that's why you've ignoring me?" I guess we're diving in head first. "I'm okay, you don't need to worry just a bit busy but now am back," I explained and moved to wrap my hands around her because I needed this. The familiarity and comfort will serve to calm my wild thoughts and chaos brewing inside. Every time I spend time with her, I feel safe because even when things get awkward or we're having issues, she makes sure I feel secure in our friendship.

Kimberly has always been understanding, caring and puts her family first, and I'm a part of it. She takes care of hers and I'm just proud to be a part of her life and enjoy her love and care. She is happy with him. I felt it the minute, I entered the house and I saw her. She's was glowing, the old Kimberly was present but was now confident, brave and courageous. She fleets around with an air lighter than the one I've seen since she left this place seven years ago and though it shatters me, I have to let her go. She was never mine but I'm not above acknowledging that my Love for her means wanting what's best for her and if its him, then I'll smile through it all and make sure she doesn't hesitate because of me. I let go of her and she looks up to me and I can see the concern in her eyes and she immediately grabs my hand and takes me to her library.

She ushers me inside and closes the door softly before pulling me towards her reading nook. "Whatever it is spill because I'm starting to worry about you, promise I won't judge," so selfless, so caring and so attentive, God this healing journey is going to be tough, "Before I saw anything, I want you to know that whatever I did wasn't planned nor do I feel proud of it. I don't regret it but it was a poor decision for me taken when I was drunk and has potential to hurt a lot of people. My family, my friendships and even how I work will be affected and I'm really scared Kimmy. I feel so bad its eating at me and you're the only person I can tell this but at the same time I fear you'll see me different and ha..." she immediately put her palm on my mouth effectively stopping me.

The first set of tears streamed down her cheeks and fuck; I hated the fact that I made her feel that way. She shouldn't cry because of me. I'm not worth it after everything I've done but that's who she is an angel whom we don't deserve but can't stay away from; her light and divinity is enchanting and keeps on drawing us to her. "Don't you ever think that I could hate you because that would never happen Xavy. Whatever the situation you've always been perfect in how to handle it and that's why I love you so much. You're my best friend and the nicest, most selfless loving human and that's why you have to remember that you too deserve to make mistakes. Xavy you're human and sometimes I know you forget that because people have always put expectations of being perfect and forced them on you and that's why you're always so hard on yourself but to me you're perfectly imperfect and no matter what you're always be mine just like am yours. You're my best friend and the one whom I owe everything I have the opportunity to enjoy right now. Now tell me what is killing you so much to tell me."